PLEASE READ: Rider Groups and Timings - need your reply

oGaryo

Visit site
Evening peeps, I need to give MDL and a bunch of other folk an idea of the timings and groupings for the ride so here's a stab at achieving that.. Can all riders please reply with which group they feel they fit in and I will then update the Summary Page accordingly:

We are proposing 3 groups of riders

GROUP 1 - average speed < 13mph - Start Time 9am
GROUP 2 - average speed 13mph to 15mph - Start Time 9:30am
GROUP 3 - average speed > 15mph - Start Time 10am

We expect a total of 1 hour rest time at the three stops so give or take, we should all arrive at Ocean Village at around 4pm given the staggered start and various speeds of riders. That should minimise the wait time at the final stop for us all to set off together to cross the finish line together.

Please let me know which group you'd like to slot in to and I'll take it from there.

I'll give MDL the nod to be ready to light the BBQ at around 4pm :)

cheers Gary

oGaryo

Visit site
Thanks guys, Summary thread updated accordingly.. so far we have the following so we could do with a few more riders joining groups 3 and 1 if at all possible.

Group 1: 1 rider
Group 2: 7 riders
Group 3: 2 riders

cheers Gary

z1ppy

Visit site
humm group 2 is starting to look like the place to be! as Neil says, if group 3 is looking a bit thin we could split group 2 in half and have a 10 minute gap to ensure no big groups on the roads?

spottydog

www.Eastern-Telephones.co.uk
With regret I will have to withdraw, I have been unable to shake of a persistent injury which has plagued me since early January.
I hope all the riders enjoy the day I will be thinking of you.

oGaryo

Visit site
Thanks for letting us know John and hope you're able to shake that injury.. please feel free to come down all the same to say hello if you're around either Penton Hook or Ocean Village.

rafiki_

Visit site
You might see I pinged a new thread on the main forum, a plea for more donations. It would be good if you could bump it up regularly, so we can catch as many as possible please.