Pleasant video series - Netherlands

Tradewinds

Visit site
I post this for no other reason that I find it a pleasant, well narrated, video blog.

It's nice to see a young, intelligent couple enjoying their travels without the usual YouTube melodrama.

They went from the Med to Netherlands via the Rhone/Rhine.

I've selected this clip from where they arrive in the Netherlands as it might be of interest to fellow East Coasters during our enforced isolation.

If you don't like it, or it offends you some way - just don't watch any more in the series. I've not posted this in order to end up in a slanging match (which is what often seems to happen on YBW nowadays).

Tomahawk

Visit site
You could have an argument with an empty room..
But better still put your name down for Fitting up Supper and have a lovely evening with fellow East Coasters.

dansaskip

seabear.uk
I post this for no other reason that I find it a pleasant, well narrated, video blog.
It's nice to see a young, intelligent couple enjoying their travels without the usual YouTube melodrama.
I've selected this clip from where they arrive in the Netherlands as it might be of interest to fellow East Coasters during our enforced isolation.
Thanks for bringing that to our attention Tradewinds. If the world goes less crazy I was hoping to hop over from the East coast to the Netherlands next summer, so its very interesting.

Tradewinds

Visit site
Dansaskip (& anyone else). You might enjoy this video by this Dutch couple and the one immediately following it. Gives you the feel of the place. I think there's a couple more Netherlands based ones later as well. I'm currently enjoying following the build of their new Outremer 55. They seem a pleasant, grounded couple (with lots of money!!) who post on YT just for the fun of it - they definitely don't need the income stream.

PeterWright

Visit site
Hi Tradewinds,

Thanks for posting this, I can only agree with both your and Dick's assessments of tis series of videos. Both of these youngsters come across as pleasant, friendly characters who know how to enjoy life. Maya, particularly seems to have an instinctive feel for their boat when she's sailing. a quality I have always admired.

Like others, I am looking forward to the opportunity to sail over there again, just as soon as this current mess is sorted.

Peter.

westhinder

Visit site
Dansaskip (& anyone else). You might enjoy this video by this Dutch couple and the one immediately following it. Gives you the feel of the place. I think there's a couple more Netherlands based ones later as well. I'm currently enjoying following the build of their new Outremer 55. They seem a pleasant, grounded couple (with lots of money!!) who post on YT just for the fun of it - they definitely don't need the income stream.

Very nice video, very well made and edited.
And a lot of added nostalgia, having owned a Rival 34 for 11 years, and extensively cruised that area when the kids were young.