plastic padding marine filler

steve yates

Visit site
I've had a couple of tubes of these in the boat forever, and now about to use them to fill scratches and dents, but the packaging got damp and evrything is illegible. Anyone know the ratio of the little hardener tube to the big filler tube I should use when mixing them up? Thanks.

Kilo

Visit site
With those two pack things it always seems to be golf ball to a pea but worth checking elsewhere

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I've had a couple of tubes of these in the boat forever, and now about to use them to fill scratches and dents, but the packaging got damp and evrything is illegible. Anyone know the ratio of the little hardener tube to the big filler tube I should use when mixing them up? Thanks.
I've got some, too. If I remember rightly, you simply squeeze out a bead of the same length from each tube on your mixing board, and then mix thoroughly. The size of the tube's nozzle deals with the mixing ratio. It's not very critical, ISTR.

Kilo

Visit site
Ignore me, I've only ever used tins, golf ball & pea. Lines sound much better from tube.

VicS

Visit site
Equal lengths from the tubes as suggested.

BUT it does not keep forever. Try a little before you actually need to use it.

VicS

Visit site
For surface blemishes shouldn't you be using the Gelcoat filler

coopec

N/A
Visit site
Why don't you weigh them and mix them in that ratio? Probably someone has stated this already?

OK I though the product was something like epoxy eg 2:1. I'd be pretty careful the way you handle the hardener (some can be quite toxic)