Places you have annoyed your crew by singing about them whilst on way to or passing.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Especially when you only know the first few words. ?

The Mull of Kintyre thread inspired this, with the obvious Paul Mcartney song. However, with a crew of 11 on a service yacht, the refrain was picked up by everyone .....

Oh we're going to Barbados becomes more of an endurance test over a sixteen day passage.

The old Agadoo song converts nicely for Agadir in Morocco.

My favourite however has no words. As you go up the river to Seville, on the eastern bank is ......Bonanza. Epic in its ability to get crew to harmonise.

What others have you enjoyed?

bikedaft

Visit site
It's the Crinan Canal for me...

sang by all my mates everytime they come on board, ever since the prop came loose on the shaft...

Mark-1

Visit site
I wasn't singing it but I did once repeatedly point at Mull exclaiming "I see Mull Land of my Youth" in my best authentic Scottish accent on a Sailing Holiday in Scotland. No crew to annoy but my GF at the time didn't really get into the spirit of it IMHO.

Funky Cold Medina going into Cowes.

Pretty sure a similar thing happened near a rock/island amusingly called Rhubba Dub but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

zoidberg

Visit site
"Always look on the bright side of life..... do-doo, do-doo.... do-doo, do-doo, do-doo.
Always look on the bright side of life..... do-doo, do-doo.... do-doo, do-doo, do-doo.."

Stuck in a March easterly gale 20 miles south of The Lizard. With head-noddings, fingers pointings, and little dance in the cockpit.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Drifting a bit, remember this?

Well you can irritate the command on a submarine by inserting the words:

Stop snorting, stop snorting stop snorting

Induction hull valve shut

At the appropriate time. Which command always seems to find completely unfunny.

Appleyard

Visit site
Oh, the Corinth Canal for me....
Sung by 4 of us whilst passing through behind a large cruise ship which took ages .

Skylark

Visit site
Singing is not in my repertoire and I have more respect for my crew than to inflict unnecessary distress upon them.

I’m surprised that none of the Irish Sea sailors haven’t mentioned “day trip to Bangor” by Fiddlers Dram. Classic 1970s ?