Perfect classic speedboat

Persiflage

Visit site
Boomer problems

i am looking for a old classic speedboat to keep at a house on the riviera.
I was looking at a riva florida but I have been warned that the minimum maintenance cost is €12000 per annum.
What can i get from the fifties or sixties which looks cool and is reasonably cheaply maintainable?

I want to keep anchored in the summer but trailer to the house in the winter.
Thoughts?

persiflage

Persiflage

Visit site
Do you want a wooden boat or a GRP one?
Realistically I think I would like fiberglass, to minimise, maintenence. Its be my contribution to a friends house in the Riviera. I was tempted by a Riva Florida but a friend who has on says I should budget 15000 Euros a year maintenence. It seems to be that Fiberglass will be less …

Persiflage

Visit site
I want something with capacity for 6 passengers. A loo would be handy. Reasonably fast as I want to be able to scoot up and down the coast in summer.

Portofino

Visit site
You're not suggesting an itama - are you ok? :p
I did unusually slip and fall sking today …..maybe it’s that even with a helmet some kinda brain injury ….maybe :) .
I,ll recover no worries ?and continue to say it as I see it .

Seriously the trailer + keep @ home bit if I understood the spec ^^^ correctly.
Those MC 30 s are narrow beamed so trailerable I woukd have thought to be dumped at a villa .

The smallest Itama 38 is 9 tons and 3.7/3.8 beam ? So marina based all year or hanger @ yard .

@ OP have you scoped out a marina berth in the Cote d Azur for seasonal uses ?
Popular size under 8 M and every man and his dog from N EU re invents the wheel with “ lets trailer a boat to the SoF and leave it there all summer “

Having spent over a decade “ bombing along the coast “ I was just interested in the idea of running a “ speed boat “ because I think it will be swamped in all but benign seas .There’s not many days that are benign .Wind gets up in the afternoon.

Rivas the small ones the wooden classic and indeed the recent plastic aqua Riva 25/28 s are basically lake boats .

Seen many a time plenty metaphorically speaking and practically out of there depth in seas around 1 m + short sharp ish seas .
Its the low freeboard = not suited to sea states .

To the OP pop along to St Trop and dock walk see what they use to “ bomb along the coast “ ……I think Julian’s knows the answer:)

Persiflage

Visit site
Many thank. Yes I was thinking most of the year in the Marina at Le Lavandou and on a trailer for the deep winter.
I will search for Montecarlo 30 the Bertram and the Frauscher.

R400

Visit site
Formula
especially with martini stripes
just to drive the advert…what a buzz
first generation scarab or donzi!!