• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Penryn Cornwall, Red Pepper

ibbo

Saying Hi to all of you, and making myself known to any local forumites.

I started sailing with family in the early 70's when Pop's used to take us out on the North Sea from near Bridlington. I have sailed intermittently since then on op's boats, chartered a few times, but finally I have taken the plunge.

Now I am the proud owner of a 1972 Ecume de Mer, which sits quite happily in the mud at low tide in Penryn. Having pottered about Carrick Roads for a few months, our first decent trip was to the Scillies last week. What a gorgeous place to visit.

Hope to see some of you out and about.

Mike, and Linda.

Steven_T

Hi All,

'Red Pepper' has now come to be mine, after a few owners, and an adventure on Mothecombe beach some years ago:

Shipwreck - Flete Cottages

I'd be very grateful for any information about this boat. The manufacturers plate is gone, but it clearly is a 72 from the carpenters stamps, and Penrhyn is handwritten on some of the locker covers.

all the best

Steven

Steven_T

Delightful little boat, and obviously quite tough.

Feel free to pm me for info. Mike
Hi Mike,

would love to: but IM is disabled for newbie users to regular users- I don't know if the reverse is true- be great to have a chat about this great little boat.

Steven