Penguin Refrigeration, Havant - any good?

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
I could certainly hear it when the fridge was working.

The fault code is 3 flashes of the red LED light every 4 seconds. The compressor is a Danfoss BD35F
From their BD35 fault guide:
3 Flashes - Compressor Start Error
This could still be a voltage error, due to a power surge or similar, or a faulty
compressor controller.
First turn off the power to the unit for 1 minute to let the system reset. Turn the
power back on and see if the fridge runs.
If the system still fails to start either:
Return the control box to Penguin Refrigeration for testing
Replace electronic controller: 1E50895
http://www.penguinfrigo.co.uk/products/Electronic_Unit_for_Danfoss_BD35_Compressors-185-37.html

Tim Good

Visit site
I used Penguin and they we’re helpful. Ian Gorringe advised me.

I wanted something that would be keel cooled but also work in the yard. So he sold me a fan cooled unit but with the ability to fit a keel cooler. Then a plate suitable for my build in front opening fridge.

4 years on still doing its things and it’s been used a lot as we live aboard for perhaps 60% of the time.

Richard10002

Visit site
From their BD35 fault guide:
3 Flashes - Compressor Start Error
This could still be a voltage error, due to a power surge or similar, or a faulty
compressor controller.
First turn off the power to the unit for 1 minute to let the system reset. Turn the
power back on and see if the fridge runs.
If the system still fails to start either:
Return the control box to Penguin Refrigeration for testing
Replace electronic controller: 1E50895
http://www.penguinfrigo.co.uk/products/Electronic_Unit_for_Danfoss_BD35_Compressors-185-37.html

:)

I've done all that, including sending the control box to Penguin for testing.

The test found nothing wrong with the controller, so they have returned it and it will be back on the boat early next week.

My plan is to refit the controller, have another look and listen then if no good, I'm faced with the decision between buying a new one, or getting someone to take a look.

Daverw

Visit site
I assume you checked voltage at connections as the compressor tried to start, you reported 13.3v at battery but just wondered what it may be at the controller. I’ve seen problems with loose connections that only were seen at the compressor start due to the vibration from compressor at this point.