Paying the price

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
When we got into Cherbourg on Two J's, I rang SWMBO to let her know that we'd arrived, only to be told that she had been out shopping with the kids and some self assembly furniture awaited my pleasure. I've spent this weekend putting it together, from components prepared in Poland and instructions written in Ulan Bator (by the looks of them).

Yesterday evening, exhausted by my endeavours, SWMBO talked me into a skiing holiday next February which, as it's during half term week, will cost an arm and a leg. Her main line of attack was along the lines of "you've been away on a jolly to Cherbourg, so I don't think you can refuse us this". I know you have to pay for your pleasures, but this is getting ridiculous! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Still worth it, though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

graham

Visit site
I have been getting hot and steamy in the bedroom with a stripper /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wall paper stripper unfortunately,reality soon sets in again /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
You need to sort your life out James!

Mine has just suggested that we cancel our planned skiing holiday so that we can afford a new boat sooner! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Suggest, as a cure, you offer a similar skiing experience to your sailing trip.....

She will have to stay up all night before the outbound travel.... force one of the kids to be violently sick for 6 hours, ski in moguls, and nothing else for the entire holiday, preferably while getting cold and wet, I also suggest that you make sure that many French skiiers aim at her directly while in the moguls, and ski must faster than she is doing.. and then to finish the experience, she must drink horlicks laced with whiskey at 02h00 every night.... oh and by the way... it is only a 3 days skiing trip isn't it?

ozzyb

Home Herts UK, Boat in Morbihan S. Brittany
Visit site
I agree with NAS. Although, SWMBO & I came back on Monday last, mainly SW F6 occ. 7, just before the Gales. Up the chuff all the way, bit of a swell and at that awkward point of sail when it rolls and tries to gybe, 1 or 2 good surfs at 12Kts. Still less than 11 hours Cherbourg slip to Southsea berth. This coming weekend she wants to go across again!!! What did I do wrong? Did we not get enough Wine on the last trip?

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Tee hee! But you've missed the bit where we can't find any apres-ski because we can't make out the bar sign against the backdrop of all the street lights /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Amazingly, SWMBO is actually very supportive of our moving over to sail - though she wants to try it somewhere like the Greek Islands to begin with - but I can pretty confidently say that the outward trip to Cherbourg would not have been her idea of a good time, though she'd probably have enjoyed coming back /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.