Participants Spreadsheet

Sailfree

Visit site
Sorry for duplicate posting but wanted to ensure I caught all participants attention!

I have e mailed the Scuttlebutt cruise to Cherbourg participants excel spreadsheet with contact details etc to all those that I have a private e mail address.

If you have not received it then i either have your details wrong or have not got them. Please PM me with any corrections/additions/departure date-time and detination if you want them added.

Please advise of any Veggie meals req.

Roger

Sailfree

Visit site
Euros

Can I remind everyone. Meal will be paid for in cash (not 15 separate credit cards!)

So please ensure you have enough Euros.

Allow 35Euro for meal (inc an amount of wine). The yacht club have been requested to ask for payment for all additional drinks on delivery. I will not be settling anyones bar bill!!

Have e mailed St Vaast asking for discount. Will let you know the outcome.

I will e mail final boat list to Cherbourg so remember to ask for your discount.

If weather nice we will have an afternoon gathering on Janes Buoy/adjacent pontoon. Everyone welcome, wearing of labels will be encouraged! Any additional bottles of wine etc would be appreciated but most important bring yourself!!

If raining can anyone suggest a suitable bar for an informal gathering - assume 30-40 people for afternoon.

Sailfree

Visit site
St Vaast berthing discount

At last I have managed to get St Vaast to offer a discount BUT ideally they wanted 15 boats which I doubt we can do buit they will accept a smaller number of boats for Friday night at 50% discount providing ALL boats pay on a single payment. Max 3 night.

So could we make an effort to support this gesture.

Can you PM me if you intend to go to St Vaast and I will collate the berthing fees and see everyone on Friday night and make the single payment for everyone.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
At last I have managed to get St Vaast to offer a discount BUT ideally they wanted 15 boats which I doubt we can do buit they will accept a smaller number of boats for Friday night at 50% discount providing ALL boats pay on a single payment. Max 3 night.

So could we make an effort to support this gesture.

Can you PM me if you intend to go to St Vaast and I will collate the berthing fees and see everyone on Friday night and make the single payment for everyone.

Roger - It had been our plan to go voa St Vaast as per last year, but the locks are I think a few hours earlier for exit on Saturday Morning - It closes at 6 02 in the morning (5 Brit time) We were considering skipping it, and leaving Portsmouth early Friday AM (4am)going direct to Cherbourg. I will ask the crew, and come back to you.

masterofnone

Visit site
confirmation

Roger, thanks for the spreadsheet, all details ok. intend to be in st.vaast fri night and at dinner, we are a crew of five including one veggie. plan to leave newhaven thurs lunch, anchor off iow,then cross from there, leaving sun lunch straight back. Richard

Sailfree

Visit site
St Vaast

I understand that early lock gates may cause a reluctance tio go to St Vaast but pity as it would be good to respond to the 50% discount offer with a good result.

If necessary I will inform St Vaast that it was too late to change everyones mind.

As a bad sleeper (except when drunk) I don't mind!!

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I understand that early lock gates may cause a reluctance tio go to St Vaast but pity as it would be good to respond to the 50% discount offer with a good result.

If necessary I will inform St Vaast that it was too late to change everyones mind.

As a bad sleeper (except when drunk) I don't mind!!

How many now for St Vaast?

chubby

www.flickr.com
Dabchick is already across in Cherbourg: gentle crossing except for 20m vis for the last hour making coming through the breakwaters a real test of blind nav, radar and chartplotter: encountered a fleet of french yachts racing in the fog off the Port Militaire! :) Plan to go to St Vaast for thursday via Barfleur so happy to join the gang in St Vaast - trying not to think about lock times but will go with the flow lol WiFi in Cherbourg recommended ;) John n Jennie

Chris_Robb

Visit site
John - glad you got there

Just to help you with Saturday morning, the Lock closes at 6:02. French time which is 5:02 English time. so get up time 4.30??? wakey wakey!!!!