Padstow to Scillies - G7 implications

Kerenza

www.24bit.ltd.uk
Hi,
Ive searched on line, but cant see a notice to mariners about this. I see there is temporary set of ammendments to St. Ives harbour responsibilities, but the only positve instruction seems to be a video from the police marine commander, who says business as usual for locals. Inferring visitors may be of more interest.
We have freinds living in Carbis bay, who are finding it chaos. There is a lot of local unease about the whole thing.
We would like to break the journey in Carbis bay, as usual, but any local knowledge would be very useful. Is it tenable to anchor SE of Navax point for instance?

thanks
K

penberth3

Visit site
Maybe I've lost my spirit of adventure, but I wouldn't go anywhere near St Ives Bay for the next month.

atol

Visit site
locals are being advised to carry 2 forms of ID in Falmouth,so probably best to avoid carbis bay for the duration as security might get a bit trigger happy when it all kicks off

penberth3

Visit site
locals are being advised to carry 2 forms of ID in Falmouth,so probably best to avoid carbis bay for the duration as security might get a bit trigger happy when it all kicks off

Hmmm, I'd stay in Padstow - it might just be far enough away from all the grief. No, cancel that - too close to the airport!

atol

Visit site
Hmmm, I'd stay in Padstow - it might just be far enough away from all the grief. No, cancel that - too close to the airport!
With all the roads in gridlock,it will be highly likely that a seaborn demonstration will ensue if the weather is good,stay well away unless actively involved in trying to save the planet

Kerenza

www.24bit.ltd.uk
We would normally go ashore, but in this instance didn't intend anything other than a break for the crew, rather than the one hit from Padstow. I've just done a couple of long trips, so intend milford, lundy padstow cruising rather than the usual rush, thus the query for alternative anchorages.
Having experienced our friends in black screaming and shouting on first contact, I'm in no rush to repeat if possible, although I wouldn't be surprised if they visited as we passed.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
I camped on the beach at Smee when his Nibs was in resident in his old grannys castle over one of Diana death anniverseries. Vsits from state functionaries to discourage us but they confessed they had no power or right to evict us.

English law may differ sighly to Scottish but just how much hassle do you want? St Ives not that good a jumping of point and adds a pointless 1 or 2 hours to over all trip to Scilly so stick with Padstow

fisherman

Visit site
In Fisherman's cove, SE of Navax, (Porthigga) OK as long as no N in it. Trouble is ANY northerly wind is often +2 or 3 beaufort in that area. Easterly tends to be katabatic, brisk but no problem.
Can you take the ground in Hayle? Ask a local boat about the channel. HW+/- 2 hours. Don't attempt in any swell.