P&O rescue yottmaster on lilo

G

Yotties be advised that P&O are now stopping any craft travelling across the channel slower than themselves.

Which has recently been highlighted when the skipper of a P&O ferry stopped two yot masters out for a trip across the channel on their airbeds.

It would seem that even though they had their ICC's and VHF credentials with them they were still apprehended and delivered back to the French authorities for routine questioning.

As their "vessel" was not CE marked catagory A for ocean crossings they will have to try again at a later date,only this time crossing from England to France which apparently is not illegal ?

So please keep an eye out for our foreign friends mid channel and give them a cheery wave as you pass by and keep your wash to a minimum as you may offend them,oh and dont forget sail gives way to paddle.

Enjoy

G

if you land them in the UK are you liable for ilegal imegration fines the same as the lorry drivers. Especially as you actually know they are on board.

G

Re: MBM cruise update

Some of the MBM cruise boats had not declared the right number of crew, so they had to be ejected.

In terms of the desperation thing, though, I understand that in eastern europe (where they call it "central europe") there are TV progs of how fab it is here in England. Free money, and the cabinet ministers are so daft that an 6-year-old ruskie can beat them at chess. Or, evidently, paddling. But there I go on the politics again.

On a lilo, the most dangerous thing out there is... a ferry coming near to "rescue" you.

G

Aew there any Lilo Championships ?

Got to be some somewhere.

I did see a Dutch vessel in Queenborough (Thames Estuary) which was around 20 feet made entirely of used spring water bottles. Looked pretty good too. He got over here (about 90 miles) . Never heard if he made it back though.