Oysterman 22

dancrane

Visit site
Fantastic photo, deserves enlargement!

50835770102_3d703e4861_o.jpg

Oysterman22

Visit site
Thank you . I had the same experience with a Shrimper. I had graduated up from Drascombes to a Shrimper until I got caught in wind over tide in Waterford estuary and was nearly thrown out of the cockpit. So i decided to call it a day and get something heavier which could take me around the coast safely if the weather blew up . The Oysterman is a bit of a brick at 5 tonnes all up on a 22 ft waterline, but I feel the heavy displacement very reassuring when the wind and swell pick up.

Seadog Steve

Visit site
Thank you for inviting me into Oysterman 22 appreciation society!
I’ve actually owned her since 2014 so not a new boat to me but I’m always learning!
That is a fantastic picture, I’m trying to organise a photo shoot with Jenny,will have to be post covid though.
I’m interested in your spray hood, Jenny doesn’t have one but I feel it would be useful sometimes. Are you pleased with yours?

Steve

Oysterman22

Visit site
Thank you for inviting me into Oysterman 22 appreciation society!
I’ve actually owned her since 2014 so not a new boat to me but I’m always learning!
That is a fantastic picture, I’m trying to organise a photo shoot with Jenny,will have to be post covid though.
I’m interested in your spray hood, Jenny doesn’t have one but I feel it would be useful sometimes. Are you pleased with yours?

Steve
Hi Steve, yes the spray hood is old but still good. I can send you more details should you wish. My email is john.oshea@honeywell.com
Regards

Padraicdeb

Visit site
Hello,my first post on ANY forum! I’ve owned Jenny, a lovely Oysterman 22 since 2014.
I agree with all your positive comments about these amazing little ships.
We chartered a Shrimper 7 years ago in Falmouth but found it too small for two and a large dog to live aboard.
While we on the Shrimper we spotted a well proportioned, good looking gaff cutter, we later found out it was an Oysterman, one thing led to another and we ended buying one! We keep Jenny up the Percuil River St, Mawes. She’s a great boat for the lovely cruising waters in Cornwall and is very at home. Although she carries a large sail area, it is very manageable with furling headsails and an easily reefed main. I have made several ‘improvements’, the two most useful have been fitting Anderson self tailing winches and a lifting tiller. Looking forward to sailing her later this year, hopefully!
"Self-tailing winches"! Wow, that's posh, I don't have any winch, except for hauling anchor. Have a good summer sailing. P

Steven Fisher

Visit site
Hi,

So, finally got round to joining the ybw forum! I'm the current owner of Pelagia, Oysterman 22 - sail no12. I've looked after her since 2017 and loving sailing her. Based at Upnor on the Medway. Looking forward to getting in touch with other owners to swap advice, news etc. Yes, here's hoping we all get out for a bit more sailing this year.... Am attaching a photo below.
best wishes

Steven
0b42f926-7393-4865-b358-448c606b350d.jpg

Galwayj

Visit site
Mrs Mouse is in commission and sailing on the west coast of Ireland. I purchased here in 2017 in Plymouth. A great seaworthy boat. Padraic
Hi lauric I hope to buy oyster22 and remember seeing yours in the layby last year please call 0872576184 if poss I live across from the crane bar thanks galwayj

Galwayj

Visit site
Hi Lauric my name is John I hope to buy an oysterman 22 I live across from the crane bar in Galway please call me on 0872576184 if you have time I would love to see Mrs mouse I remember you tying up in the layby one day last year when my friend arrived from Guernsey I thought you were from abroad and just passing through I wish I had said hello anyway all the best and I hope we can meet soon regards Slan leat john