Oxidised Gelcoat

Visit site
I've got an early 70's pilot in a lovely 70's orange, well the topsides. It's very oxidised and considering cutting it back and polishing but it has a textured finish on the bow and not sure how to go about doing that, is it possible or am i best to leave it all?

Visit site
Get the white gloss out
Hull is white, was considering rubbing down and going for a light blue, but once again, dont want to balls up the textured fore deck. Might look really rubbish if it doesn't go on right. Wondering what primer to use. I've got 40 yrs of wood and steel boats under my belt, not a lot of experience with plastic, apart from scrappy punts used as boarding boats.

Dino

Visit site
If it’s really bad you could start with 1500-2000 grit wet and dry sandpaper. Then compound and polish. I’ve had good results with Nanotech products. A good variable speed polisher with a wool pad and a foam pad will sort it. And a good bit of elbow grease.
Plenty of videos on YouTube too

Visit site
only this one from when i first picked it up, had been abandoned in a field for 5 yrs. can see the texture on the foredeck a bit in this one.
pilot1.jpg