Orwell - X-Mas time

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Re: Orwell - X-Mas time - THE PROOF

Mr MagnaCarter & Mr Full Circle showed up at 9 am as agreed - Mr Dougie seemed to be lacking the bottle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Set sail 10-ish. Sailorman comms-checked via mobile - would catch up eventually. F-All wind on the river going down. Crew liked Wortegemsen (Belgian lemon schnapps) a lot! Suggestion of a breeze by Shotley Spit. Sailable wind by Landguard. Gentle tootle towards Medusa. Rounded 45 mins later.
Sailorman caught up on the way back. Working lunch afloat - MagnaCarter dab hand in the galley. Must ask him along more often - can't cook; won't cook stock myself.
Sailed up river - sedate 4kts. Wind died completely past the container terminal. Rags down & motored back to SYH. Sailorman and crew rafted up alongside.
Full Circle Gluhwein & Sailorman coffee. Pleasant conversation oiled by some drinks.

Thanks all for a great day out.

Full Circle and MagnaCarter

JimandNeil.jpg

Terrible Trio - Full Circle MagnaCarter & Guapa

trio.jpg

MagnaCarter looking for...???

Neilbow.jpg

Full Circle in Full Control

Jimhelm.jpg

Sailorman (Jolie Brise - an Oyster you know /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) catching up

JB3.jpg

Heaven - Part I

sail2812062.jpg

Heaven - Part II

sail2812061.jpg

Perfect end to a perfect day

OrwellWinterSunset.jpg

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

Thanks Will,

A great day..... really really nice to get out on the water again.... and such excellent company only made it better.

Guapa is a lovely boat.... simply cavernous down below..... don't envy you cleaning all that teak though!

Glad you enjoyed the lunch.... won't make gravy next time... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FullCircle

Visit site

My vote of thanks to Mr Guapa, an excellent days float out to Medusa and back. To short really, but ho hum.
The day felt more like 6 years, as Will had me conservatively aged at 55. Must get out the Grecian 2000 and lose a bit of weight. Maybe. Oh alright, no I won't.
Other than that, he needs no depth info or woolies on the sails to aid shape and speed. A real sailor no less.

Leading in the fashion stakes today was a nattily attired Magna Carter who turned out in a frilly Swedish Jumper zip up jumper with a silk inner chemise, in a girlie shade of white, with big 'W's as a 360 degree motif around his chestline. Very fetching indeed. The crew all guessed at what the 'W' stood for, but no one ventured an opinion. Thankfully. Also, Mr M Carter shone in the galley, producing a fine array of discarded wrappings and labels to show an excellent lunch of Shepherds Pie, Roast Tatties (a bit of overkill I thought) Broccoli, Carrots and Cauliflower, and some warm brown liquid purporting to be gravy (definitely overspill). All this served on the move as a 'working' lunch.
A freshly bagged Xmas pud drizzled with 1/2 a pint of custard followed.

Miss Guapa showed admirable restraint all day, except for the right sock episode, and the remarkable speed with which she cleared the plate (inc all 4 roast tatties!!) which we will draw a veil over, her being the Owners lovely daughter after all.

Sailorman finally caught us in Suffolk YC, and grappling irons were thrown into the shrouds, to be boarded by his marauding crew, and the man hisself. The shiny pot of fresh brewed coffee that he was carrying aboard took a bit of the pirate away from him. More IKEA really. I have no idea how he keeps JB THAT clean. It shines.

Today's mystery: A short, tapered spinny pole with a piston hook at the tapered end, and a roller sheave at the other. Possibly for poling out genoas, but how?? All answers after we get Will to photograph it, and ask for suggestions....

Thanks to all for their company. I guess it will be Oostende May Bank Holiday for the next gathering on the water?

sailorman

Visit site

[Today's mystery: A short, tapered spinny pole with a piston hook at the tapered end, and a roller sheave at the other]

Jim if only you were a Jockey /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

back on-line ( for how long ???????? ). thanks for the Hot Herbal Liquid /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site

glad to see you all had a good time and got back safely , maybe I can come and play too next time , must remember to buy a log book just in case

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk

Oh Dear

Plenty of bottle thank you Mr Guapa /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
car is still loaded with thermals, hats, gloves, lifejacket and a brand new pair of size 8/9 Typhoon Regatta Boot /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
hopefully another time...even if the weather is that good /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and really Pi$$ed that i missed the day. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I am still trying to discover what gave the me the heave ho's in the middle of the night...suffice to say i only just made it to right the opening... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
and the chest infection seems to have improved by being a complete idle tw@t for a day

My aplologies to all in failing to attend....

There is a good chance that i shall dash /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif over to Ostend in May as i may have arranged crew for that particular event /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW have you been resized Mr Magna Carta?

Doug

FullCircle

Visit site

Good to hear the Three_Bottles constitution is improving.
I hope you don't think you have escaped the Raggie experience, as invitations will be pressed on you until you give in.
Suggest you PM Trevera25 for instructions and expectations.

Sixpence

Visit site

Invitations to live the raggie experience will always be gratefully accepted whenever possible from this direction , as for expectations , expect a totally different way of travel and one which every moment will be loved even if you are crapping yourself because the boat isn't supposed to be leaning over so far that the windows are getting washed while you move , and as for expectations , the best bunch of people I could ever hope to meet and a look after others attitude that I haven't seen for years . Someone gets into trouble and it's all hands on deck to help , and leave the pish take till later . Greatest experience of my life so far because it was so much fun but with the addition of a degree of urgency , freind in need syndrome some might call it

Other threads that may be of interest