Opacmare passerelle wont go up / down

starfire

Visit site
Update / solution - the new valve never materialised - chandler didnt actually have it in stock - however, in interim, sent block valve to HP Hydraulics - 24 hours later they sent it back to me, having removed a tiny piece of grit blocking a 0.8mm hole in the, (I think Lee said) the resistor valve. Re-fitted and works perfectly - £24 - postage both ways. HP hydraulics were unbelievably helpful if anyone needs hydraulic solutions - cant praise them enough. Going to try and fit hydraulic solution to radar arch next and will hopefully be able to put some more business their way.

You are welcome

adornan

Visit site
Hi

New to me boat and 6996 passerelle - extends and retracts fine - when i press the buttons for up / down, you can see the hoses twitch but no movement up or down - any ideas - could it be a sticky ram and if so whats the fix please? Or of course anything else that anyone knows! Anyone used a passerelle engineer of note also ? Would like to get it serviced - IM Surrey Thames

TIA
I will add my recent experience in case it helps anyone else.

The installation in my boat, not by the manufacturer, was a “dogs dinner”. An unfused power supply taken straight off the batteries, with the control unit spurred off the motor relay. The net effect was that the control unit was always on and I’m sure the parasitic current drain prematurely killed off several sets of house batteries and the control unit itself. Both were replaced last season.

Now to the problem and surprising solution.

The pump stopped operating. I took off the motor and inside found that one of the terminals which attaches to the carbon brushes inside the base had come off. One confusing thing was that the brown wire was connected to negative ground and the blue wire was connected to the positive on the relay. They could not be swapped inadvertently because the terminal sizes were different. I had is soldered back on, tested the motor and put it back together.

The motor spun when I operated the remote but the passarel would not move. After a nights sleep and before I called in a service agent I wondered if I had out the motor magnets back on upside down. The magnets sit in a tube that goes between the base and head of the motor. Instead of taking the motor out and apart again, I reversed the brown and blue wires to what I thought it should be, brown to positive and blue to negative and to my surprise it worked. The motor had been running in reverse the way I had re-assembled it. As an aside it seems to move a lot faster than it fit before but that may have just been the failing connection to the carbon brushes.