oohh .. weather ...

ParaHandy

Visit site
does look a teensy bit encouraging .. chunk of northerly in it will do (unless it was straight from the south, of course) .. well, done, jimi

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
What's your plan, Douglas?

Depending on family's ability to skive on Thursday afternoon, we will stop at either Lymington or Poole on Thursday night with a view to making Weymouth on the tide during Friday afternoon/evening.

Jimi was thinking along similar lines, but its all dependant on the forecast closer to the time. If you are passing through the Solent, let us know wo we can keep in touch.

Anybody else likely to be en route at the same time?

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.

ParaHandy

Visit site
Nick ... can't skive off on thursday which leaves a dash from yarmouth on friday starting at or about 2 in the afternoon .. might also have to bash thro' tide from gosport on friday morning if crew not ready on thursday night. I reckon its 40nm to weymouth (leaving decent clearance to the ledge) from yarmouth which might take 7 to 8 hours.

the bugger of it is that we (missus & I) were 'stranded' in yarmouth on friday and saturday because too much wind and as it howled away early on sunday morning though about leaving the boat there but a wee window opened to get us off the pontoon (never mind anything else) and we hurtled back on sunday morning.

anyway .. have got tidal atlas and am looking for alternative but none screams out at me (stupid thing is worked out ref to cherbourg HW .. pah)

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
We will probably be arriving at roughly the same time then, all being well, as we may be right in your tracks or just ahead if we leave from Poole.

The tide should be give quite a bit of help, so I was hoping to get there not too long after 2000.

SOunds like the same tidal atlas as me - so we can both get it wrong together!

Looking forward to meeting everybody - somewhere

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm average size, Its just that everybody else is short.

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
All things being equal, we'll be leaving Keyhaven to take the start of the ebb at about 1400 on Friday, according to my TT the west-going tide at Hurst Narrows starts then. With a bit of luck should make Weymouth some time before dusk.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Your man in the spot...

I happen to be in Weymouth as I write, I'm here for the fishing. It is currently blowing a gale force 0, with clear skies and a rainbow following an earlier squall. The sea is slight/calm although it was a bit bumpy today it is flattening off all the time.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Re: Your man in the spot...

The fishing is slow to middling with plaice being caught on the drift and a few turbot. Plaice are generally small, 1lb-ish, turbot better one of 17lb plus a couple of others, no turbot caught by me, though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Your man in the spot...

Is weymouth angling still about.

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif