Online shopping for boat products

chewi

Visit site
I will buy almost anything online...not just marine goods...for the boat in the in the past year I have bought an Radar target enhancer, AIS receiver and a separate transponder. Dsc VHF, shortwave radio.solar panels, Rocna anchor, bruce anchor, radar system, refrigeration unit, Loads of other bits and pieces...including rings gaskets bearings and fuel pump for the engine...bulkiest thing I bought was powerwasher, most expensive was a windpilot...

Online is the future...

local chandler's are to be avoided...mainly because when I was skint they were frequently snotty.... only wanting to sell to the chaps with more money than sense...

Essential that the price is displayed and a decent searchable site...

the most off putting thing being bait and switch with goods not being in stock but a similar one in stock at a much higher price, or restrictions on delivery areas or extortionate delivery prices.

I think boots are the only thing I probably would not buy on line...

Hope the above is of some assistance.. feel free to pm for specifics...
I buy all that I can from my local chandler who is fabulous. If you dont know what size you need, you can take several and return the rest. If you dont know how much hose you need, take the lot .. and rurn the rest. everything is priced but likely as not 10% falls off at the till. Fixings are available individually, not in moulded packets of 3 or four. You go back for that sort of service.

peterhull

Visit site
Yes I tend to buy on line but if the web site is new to me I invariably check out reviews on Trust Pilot to see how they treat customers, delivery times and how returns are dealt with.