• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

On TV

Croftie

A couple of Thames/London programs on chanel5 tonight

Teddingtown

They cruised past us with Tony Robinson when we were moored at Cliveden last July!

oldgit

Would be nice if it was actually about the Thames, turned off last week bored with watching him sort Oranges!

The Forumites Thames.

The Thames is believed to start somewhere above Oxford but proper boats cannot get under a bridge so we are not really sure.
We have heard rumours it is full of rough canal boaters who speak Northern or worse Birmingham.
The Thames terminates at a place called Teddington , which is somewhere beyond Windsor.
It is believed that there is not a Waitrose at Teddington. :):):)

"also why dont they show the boating clubs along the thames "
What clubs ?
At the last ATYC Rally held in West India Dock only 25% of the attendees moored above Teddington and bothered to turn up
75% of boats came from the Tidal part of the Thames and elsewhere .

oldgit

Greenwich YC, Erith YC (which im with and is a few doors down from where they showed the car scrappage business), then Thurrock YC
We both know that the Thames is only really the Thames when it starts to earn its living below Teddington , as opposed to the old gentlefolks retirement home on the freshwater bit . :)

Well aware of all those clubs, rarely do they get a mention with regard to being on the " Thames"..
Couple of long standing members of Thurrock YC are also members of RCC , might even call them on CH8 as we go past .
My company used to supply communications stuff to CEMEX at Angerstein Whf.

Last edited:

UK-WOOZY

We both know that the Thames is only really the Thames when it starts to earn its living below Teddington , as opposed to the old gentlefolks retirement home on the freshwater bit . :)

Well aware of all those clubs, rarely do they get a mention with regard to being on the " Thames"..
Couple of long standing members of Thurrock YC are also members of RCC , might even call them on CH8 as we go past .
My company used to supply communications stuff to CEMEX at Angerstein Whf.
theres a lot of young members at my club at least myself included with boats, not all are retired

Time Out

theres a lot of young members at my club at least myself included with boats, not all are retired
I think he was referring to us above Teddington, although to be fair I straddle both sides of the lock and I am far from retired ;)