On my way back

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
I'll fly tomorrow to the US to prepare Sterenn for the transatlantic cruise back to Europe.
We will be 2 (if my crew succeed his visa exam tomorrow!). We plan to leave Newport around July the 18.
The boat will be tracked on
http://www.oceanracetrack.com/default.aspx
Where is ? Sterenn.
I hope I'll meet Glayva in Newport, or at sea !
Eric

Black Sheep

Visit site
And he's off!
Sterenn-2007-07-21.jpg

South of Nantucket Island heading East with light winds, but as far as I can make out from Google Earth the promise of some nice southerlies to come.
Good luck!

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Marvellous bit of kit, that race tracker, isn't it! Thanks Tommyrot.

Thinking of getting one myself (as per some previous postings) to keep friends and interested parties informed of progress ( or lack of it.)

Bit pricey at over £400, plus a subscription rate, but worth it, I think.

By the way, if Centaurpipedream is looking at this, can he confirm he's received a PM from me? Think my machine is receiving them, but not sending properly.

Mmm - maybe hi-tech should be avoided after all!

CPD

Visit site
Jake, yes I did. Many thanks. I am yet to fully consider telecoms at sea but at the moment am erring on the side of satphone (VHF/PLB taken as "read"). The oceantracker is certainly a great bit of kit, and if it were less pricey, I think I would definately go for it.

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
I'm back home now. The journey was fine, much more confortable than the otherway. i'll come back on details later.
Nice 23 days at see !!! it's great even with a fellow-crew.
Eric