Olympic Results site

dancrane

Visit site
I thought the Finn had been dropped! I have zero interest in sport of any kind at any level, and I had thought a particular reason not to be interested in this Olympics, was the removal of the Finn from the line-up.

Now, I may even tune in to take a look, if it's being broadcast.

flaming

Visit site
Looks like we have a silver with Emma in the women's RSX
By my maths a medal is guaranteed, but it could be any colour after the medal race.

Unbelievable set of results overall from the GB sailors though. Only 3 classes that we're not in the medals at this point.

ctva

Visit site
Excuse my ignorance of the Olympic racing but how does the final Medal Race work in with the other results?

flaming

Visit site
Excuse my ignorance of the Olympic racing but how does the final Medal Race work in with the other results?
Top 10 qualify.
Double points.
Not discardable.

So in other words you need a 20 point gap to sit it out. A 19 point gap just means you have to finish without being DSQ. Which is what the lead male RS-X has...

Skellum

Visit site
Awesome job by team GB sailors - gold in 49er and Finn, Silver in the Nacra 17. Looking good for gold for our girls in the 470 tomorrow. Great job everyone ?.

dunedin

Visit site
Awesome job by team GB sailors - gold in 49er and Finn, Silver in the Nacra 17. Looking good for gold for our girls in the 470 tomorrow. Great job everyone ?.
Agree. Brilliant job Dylan, Stuart, Giles, Anna & John this morning. And bad luck to Charlotte and Saskia, who came so close but didnt quite have the medal race they hoped for.