OK - who want's to go?????????????

duncan

Visit site
OK - who want\'s to go?????????????

Heading out from Poole to meander about the CIs, probably based in St PP for most of the time in the first suitable weather window that falls in the first couple of weeks of August. I'm going becasue I enjoyed 5 glorious days over there last year and a single day on Sark was more destressing than 3 whole weeks on the boat in Poole..................

At the moment GC1 is committed, and been promised the functions of safety officer, safety boat, photographer, navigation officer, watch officer and coast guard liason so everyone else can just go along for the crac.............he will however only endore any passage in a F1 or less and is still wavering about his mere 380 mile range for such an undertaking.

Chas25 want's something more challenging than his Solent to Falmouth one day run in his 218 last year; but has spoiled things by getting a 250 thus removing any real element of challenge.................

What's your story?

adrianb

Visit site
Re: OK - who want\'s to go?????????????

fingers crossed be going across on the 5th August...............

Will tie up nearer the time - be good in convoy, ish !

Also going across next Thursday if weather ok !

Adrian

www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

GC1

N/A
Visit site

Yes I'm up for it, can't do 8th - 15th August though due to other things going on, but free for all the rest of August, fueled up and ready to go /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Overdraught

Visit site

2/3 more boats from Poole looking to go at end of August, bank holiday weekend. If you postpone your trip from early august, please let me know

Thanks
Adam

compie1

Visit site

I am in, Comming back that period from La Rochelle heading to Ostend, its on our route & if the weather doesnt play ball w'l come quickly up north, just need to know when and were.

makkers

www.makkers.com

Like some others, if the weather spoils or its more appropriate post 15th Aug you can count me in.

KevB

Visit site

I'll be going to the CI either lateish Friday 28th July or Sat 29th July (weather pemitting). Then on to the north Brittany coast port hopping with the intentions of ending up spending a few days in St Malo (what a great place).

Going for about 10 days in total.

The more the merrier

duncan

Visit site

Kev

Keep in touch then - I am unlikely to be ready for such a fast departure; and am always tempted by Swanage FIreworks on the Saturday night with a run over to the CIs on the Sunday morning if everything looks rosy weather wise!

I have to say reading the MBM log of the CIs cruise this year makes somewhat sad reading - and these were big boats! Normandy cruise looked good fun though.

Finaly - is St Marlo worth the mileage? If we are only over for say 5 nights? Thoughts?

Nautorius

Visit site
Re: OK - who is up for August BHOL

Duncan,

Fair enough......but I get the feeling he is very keen! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lets see closer the time what we can sort out

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ElizabethF

Visit site

Well, I'm a novice at this message board stuff but (a) I have a Cinder 22 at Ridge Wharf just below Wareham (b) although I have a yen to take her over I'd just decided XChannel was too far having done it last year in a 30+ footer but (c) wise people change minds and this sounds like a helpful idea. How big are your boats? I'd add that Redclyffe YC have a date in their diary for a crossing (Weymouth as an alternative) on Fri 1 Sept. Also, I'd not skipper myself but seek someone more experienced and 'happy' with a boat as small as mine. I am a Little Ship Club member, too, so have some options to explore. Comments please!

whisper

Visit site

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum.
From the list of other possible travellers, it looks as if the trip would be done at relatively high speed. I don't know if this is possible for you or not but suspect Duncan will reply to you in the near future.

duncan

Visit site

Elizabeth - welcome to ybw.com!

this particular sub forum is designed to bring together like minded people who are looking for a little company to take that first crossing. For some it's the confidence of a little more experienced heads, for others it's a group hug comfort thing (more boats = more safety). Many boats of every size and shape leave Poole and the Solent at this time of year without a second thought - some of those have helped me in my quest to explore in the past.

Most of the boats already contributing here are around the 25ft mark and expecting to cruise at around 20-25knots if conditions make that suitable - this is not by design ; it's just happened that way.

If you are a displacement boat then you will need to find similar craft to buddy up with on the trip. Simply by saying what you are and what you are hoping to do on here someone may turn up!

atlowers

Visit site

Duncan, definately would love to do a later august run. Cant do first 2 weeks. Concern would be looking at others showing interest and probable cruising speeds (gc1 49knts and all that)that I have only got a falcon 23 which will cruise at around 20knots but top whack only 26kts. Would want company as a newbie and first timer cross channel with only longer passage experience when bringing back the boat from westbay to gosport with help from BrendanS in May this year. Right up for it and very confident in my boats ability to do it while very aware of my own lack of experience helming, hence my desire to get involved in this trip. Would love to come if your happy to have us along pending weather and dates etc.

Cheers

Andy.

malcolmlj

Visit site

I am up for after 15th August.
Big comfy Moody 38CC.
Can take nervous pasengers, and act as a support boat if needed.
Starting from Plymouth.