I'd love to do that, only thing is finding the time, just had our two weeks in the IOW, then I've committed myself for a friends wedding in Poland over the Aug Bank Hols. But I would love to if I can. Maybe easier for me in September if the weathers still OK then.
Duncan, can I also just add what a brilliant idea to have this subject on a seperate forum
thanks Chris - but thank Keith for the forum please!
Weather has been crap so far during the holiday period and some particpants got sidetracked buying bigger boats.......that's life.
I am still hoping to get over for the last week in August, including the BH weekend, if the weather finally conceeds a nice window. Have 1 other taker already and 2 probables. Idea is to look in on as many ports as practical ie 'do the tour' so that people can return at their leisure to visit the ones they found to thier liking but with a degree of confidence over what to expect re HM/V berths/facilites etc.
Well I'm up for it but can't go 'til September now. Will be quieter then anyway. Boat repaired and 20-24knt cruise across sounds good.
Wonder whether my plotter's chart extends that far. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
If the current forecast light WSW winds occur on that date then I would think we will aim to leave around 1000h from Poole for lunch in Alderney before heading into StPP early Sat evening. The tides are quite large with a morning flood so for us mobos wind with tide is the bigger planning factor.
At the moment there apears to be interest from 3 boats based around the central Solent and 2 from Poole - but these are smaller mobos rather than sailing craft.
If I knew your boat it would be nice to wave or even meet up if the paths cross.