OK - who want's to go?????????????

duncan

Visit site
Re: OK - who want\'s to go?????????????

wellcome mlj - I suspect one of your most likely takers has just has his plans changed (Whisper) but you never know - and other from Plymouth or Salcombe my look in!

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk

Hi Duncan
I'd love to do that, only thing is finding the time, just had our two weeks in the IOW, then I've committed myself for a friends wedding in Poland over the Aug Bank Hols. But I would love to if I can. Maybe easier for me in September if the weathers still OK then.

Duncan, can I also just add what a brilliant idea to have this subject on a seperate forum

duncan

Visit site

thanks Chris - but thank Keith for the forum please!

Weather has been crap so far during the holiday period and some particpants got sidetracked buying bigger boats.......that's life.

I am still hoping to get over for the last week in August, including the BH weekend, if the weather finally conceeds a nice window. Have 1 other taker already and 2 probables. Idea is to look in on as many ports as practical ie 'do the tour' so that people can return at their leisure to visit the ones they found to thier liking but with a degree of confidence over what to expect re HM/V berths/facilites etc.

The weather gods have not been kind!

whisper

Visit site

Well I'm up for it but can't go 'til September now. Will be quieter then anyway. Boat repaired and 20-24knt cruise across sounds good.
Wonder whether my plotter's chart extends that far. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

duncan

Visit site

just use a compass like the rest of us!

weather window permitting it looks like we have 4 for the 26th with 2 coming back Tuesday and 2 hoping to make a full week of it at the moment.

whether weather........ /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

duncan

Visit site

hey hey! and I thought your were bound to be pretending to be a powerboat racer that weekend!

pete seems to be pulling together interested parties at the moment so have a chat with him - he's far to posh to visit a forum this far down the page now /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BelleSerene

Visit site

I'm sailing to Alderney from Poole around 0600 on Saturday 26th. Then to Cherbourg on the Monday after Sunday walking around Alderney. What time are you departing?

duncan

Visit site
Re: 26th August

If the current forecast light WSW winds occur on that date then I would think we will aim to leave around 1000h from Poole for lunch in Alderney before heading into StPP early Sat evening. The tides are quite large with a morning flood so for us mobos wind with tide is the bigger planning factor.
At the moment there apears to be interest from 3 boats based around the central Solent and 2 from Poole - but these are smaller mobos rather than sailing craft.

If I knew your boat it would be nice to wave or even meet up if the paths cross.

Duncan

BelleSerene

Visit site

Hi Duncan - I hadn't realised yours was a power boat. I'm a 39' Beneteau, Belle Serene, so I'll be doing around 5 kn while you're powering past me at 25 kn! And you get a lie-in!

duncan

Visit site

Will look out for you - increasingly looking like we will be running over as the forecast isn't threatening much (or offering a lot either except Sunday sun maybe)

Give us a call if you hear us log a passage plan

Duncan