Oil filter on Thorneycoft diesel.

richard corney

Visit site
I have a Moody 33 with thorneycroft 90 diesel engine. I believe ASAP used to do a conversion for the oil filter so the old style could be changed to the all-in-one screw on filters. ASAP don't do this any more. Any other avenues for this please?

joliette

www.facebook.com
I have a Moody 33 with thorneycroft 90 diesel engine. I believe ASAP used to do a conversion for the oil filter so the old style could be changed to the all-in-one screw on filters. ASAP don't do this any more. Any other avenues for this please?

Best ask the guys on the Motor Boat Forum, they are very good with this kind of issue.

stuhaynes

www.best-camping-stoves.com

If all you want is a stand alone filter the cheapest place to look is in a local tractor shop. While you're at it get a standalone water trap too! I'm in the process of doing this myself.

Edit: I'm doing this on the fuel side, the water trap doesn't apply to the oil filter. Doh.......

Last edited:

Gordonmc

Visit site
AMC in Preston might be able to help.
I did the conversion on my T90 because of access problems which meant I could never get the old paper filter cartridge to seat on its O-rings properly. Result - a drip tray full of oil.
I also replaced the fuel filter head with a spin-on one.
If you can't get an oil filter conversion you might be able to use a remote filter adaptor which is even more convenient of you have bulkhead space.