Offshore driling devise

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
I have on board the cheepest supermaket 14V hand drill. (The power of the drill is linked to the voltage)
It has been sufficient for on board fixing. For example I built a new hydrogenerator propeller blade out of a main sail batten. It may fall overboard or be destroyed by a wave... I don't care.
You may take it as far as the top of the mast!

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

welkman

Visit site
Dont forget zip ties! If you cant fix it with gaffa tape and zip ties, it cannot be fixed! I would also like a small pack of epoxy on board and some sikaflex to help stop leaks and rebed stuff.

Superflid

Visit site
I've got a similar setup to Eric, old rechargeable drill - battery died so connected wire with plug for the boat on t'other end.

Got one of these as well.....

Stanley_Sweep_Bit_Brace_Shop_Tools-resized200.jpg

FullCircle

Visit site
I have one of these. It is fantastically well made, takes a 13mm bit, and has virtually no play or backlash in the transmission, which means no judder. Also it is a keyless chuck, and folds down by removing the chest grip and the handle. It can also be configured for left and right hand use by moving the crank handle to the other side.
I paid about 30 quid for mine, as i have found the Stanley tool is now as utterly crap as the Draper, both being made out of inferior chocolate from china.
I keep a very good quality range of bits so that means I have drilled up to 4mm stainless plate with it.
No power required, go anywhere.

500-0344-lg.jpg

Hard to find in anything other than a professional tool store.

FullCircle

Visit site
Well, that one is from www.traditionalwoodworker.com and is 110 dollars from the USA.

Mine is a German Zenith unit, which I bought from a traditional tool store (my favourite) called Izod & Burnip in Southend. I think I paid about 27 quid, but can t be sure.
If you like, I will go and see if they still stock them, and get a price.
Send me a PM with your phone number, and I will ring you and buy it for you.