Official VOR Game?

fireball

Visit site
again might do .... although there is supposed to be an online version of Sailonline becoming available .... if you join sailonline (small annual sub) there is a mobile client too ...
Sailonline have got it right insofar as you can pre-programme course changes in the standard FREE version .... it includes both the sail to course and sail to wind - the latter requires a paid for addition in the "Offical" VOR game ...

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
If I stick with sailonline, I may join, so that I can get the mobile client..... its not actually a client, but an optimised web page for GPRS access..... does everything the main client does except doesn't have wind forecasts, or allow a delayed command....

fireball

Visit site
do you know what port the client uses? I could go and block them all and log it, but it's easier to ask!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kalleh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
do you know what port the client uses? I could go and block them all and log it, but it's easier to ask!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all straight HTTP over port 80. The problem with the old client is that it cannot pick up IE automatic proxy settings (proxypacs), the new client should handle it since flash sends all request through the browser.

For more info on ip:s etc please msg me.

fireball

Visit site
THanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nobody has asked for a proxy or relay yet, but if it is all on port 80 then it is a doddle!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Oi! I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like cheating to me. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

fireball

Visit site
Ah yes ... finding out which ports they use, to make sure I can get my ground crew there before yours ... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It's a more techie question on how the client connects to the server - as some ppl have restrictions in place .... I have none of these restrictions and am more than happy to help a couple connect if they cannot get round it themselves ....