Oceanis 323 backstays with blue wave quick tune rigging screws

Firefly211

Visit site
My 2006 Oceanis 323 has twin back stays that are due for replacement in the spring. Currently there is no means of easy adjustment to the existing open bottle screws. As part of the replacement I was thinking about the Bluewave quick tune rigging screws. Blue Wave Quick Tune Rigging Screws | Force 4 Chandlery

Has anyone got any experience of these? Are they suitable for backstay adjustment? Any thoughts on quality?

it’s a big refit year so there may be many questions to bene 323 owners...,?

ridgy

Visit site
Do you mean easy adjustment when sailing eg to flatten the main? Hard to imagine using those to do that on a regular basis or that it being worthwhile on what is virtually a masthead rig.

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
Do you mean easy adjustment when sailing eg to flatten the main? Hard to imagine using those to do that on a regular basis or that it being worthwhile on what is virtually a masthead rig.
I have them on the shrouds of a keelboat, and they're great for spannerless setting of the rig for the next race (might mean three or four turns). I'd think that the range of them probably isn't enough for any serious pulling even if, as you say, it were worthwhile on that rig.

greeny

Visit site
I've been considering backstay adjustment on my 323 for a year or so but haven't got round to doing anything yet. I was considering a "wire spreader" link with pulley at each end across the 2 backstays which can be down hauled with a seperate line made off to one side of the transom walkthrough. Probably a "proper" name for it in sailing speak but afraid I don't know it. I've considered the geometry of such a link but not bottomed it out yet in my mind.
Also as Ridgy says, how effective will it actually be on 11/12ths rig so my jury is still out on the idea.