Note of thanks ....

zefender

Visit site
Just a quick note to thank all those in involved in putting together the ButtBash over the weekend. Great to meet fellow butters, some of whom are entirely bonkers, I'm pleased to say.

Bit of a dodgy workery day today so no detail for now - but thanks again.

Highlights:

The disgrace of Twistery Ken motorsailing into Cherbourg with no cone showing. Unfortunately, due to chafe on the line as a consequence of over use, my own cone was somewhat lower than ideal.

The excellent idea of BigNick to give us am orienteering exercise before dinner at the 'quality' Hotel. Great way of working up an appetite....

Leaving early to spend the morning in Alderney before returning to the Solent - and beating Dom and his First 47.7 regardless (ahem..)

Jimi on radio "er I can't actually remember which pontoon we're on, I've had a fair bit of wine today"

Actual lowlight:

Leaving at 04:45 and realising we had a fender of Jimi's in the cockpit. Returned and left to see the NWF3 as predicted, whooshed Eastwards by the tide and our inevitable COG. Then found wind died for a couple of hours before it backed as a West. Last 3/4 hours great fun but early start probably didn't save us anything.... Arrived Portsmouth -- 17:45.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
seconded

thanks to all who put in the effort. good to put names to faces.

if i put in the order now can we have southerlies for the return next year please?

spent 14 hours bashing into a nw5 to reach dartmouth by 2300 and another 5 back to plymouth this morning!

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Re: seconded

Ouch! I thought it was a great effort coming from Plymouth, so you deserved better on the way back. I guess it was never going to suit all of us though? Good to have met you.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Thanks to you too for hospitality in your cockpit when I think I just 'may' have been a bit pisht. Did we really sing along to the Doors?

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
Erm, yes. I think the wailing became intolerable once Crosby Stills Nash and Young were playing!

Anyway, good to meet you, if not for the singing!

<hr width=100% size=1>