Not to be missed stops on a charter in Dubrovnik, Croatia

AlanJeans

Visit site
We're chartering a yacht in Croatia for a week, from Dubrovnik. What are members recommendations for destinations not to be missed both for berthing and for lunchtime anchorages during our week?

Skellum

Visit site
Some of my favourites from that part of Croatia are Okuklje and Polace / Trstenik on Miljet. Korcula is very busy but beautiful. Also Lastovo. Enjoy!

Sailing steve

Visit site
Might be a bit to far north for a week but the Pakleni Islands off Hvar are a must. Night in marina Palmanzina on Sv Clement island or anchor in the U Vinogradisce bay opposite is abslolute sailing perfection.

AlanJeans

Visit site
Some of my favourites from that part of Croatia are Okuklje and Polace / Trstenik on Miljet. Korcula is very busy but beautiful. Also Lastovo. Enjoy!
Thanks, Depending on wind forcasts, we don't mind putting in a big leg first and making our way back at a more leisurely pace, so I'll take a look.

Skellum

Visit site
Might be a bit to far north for a week but the Pakleni Islands off Hvar are a must. Night in marina Palmanzina on Sv Clement island or anchor in the U Vinogradisce bay opposite is abslolute sailing perfection.
Hi Steve - last time I was in the Vinogradisce bay it was full of mooring buoys and there were quite a few more noisy bars opened than in previous years. I’m sure the food at Menghello’s restaurant is still excellent though.

Sailing steve

Visit site
Hi Steve - last time I was in the Vinogradisce bay it was full of mooring buoys and there were quite a few more noisy bars opened than in previous years. I’m sure the food at Menghello’s restaurant is still excellent though.

Mooring buoys have been steadily appearing in several anchorages since we started chartering in Croatia. It's a mixed blessing I suppose as the holding isn't always that good but the peace and quiet of a bay to yourself has gone, especially if a flotilla of party people turns up and so has the handful of cash you get charged practically the moment you pick one up.

Not tried Menghellos yet - our go to resturant in that bay is Bacchus on the corner.

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
Mijet, Korkula and Havar (anchoring off the Paklenis). Viz is supposed to be great but I’ve never been. Just keep a very close eye on the wind forecast. It can get a bit exciting in Croatia.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I agree with most of these and others' recommendations but I hated Palmizana. Horrendous place unless you like a noisy sh*thole filled with thousands of utter boat party f*ckwits shouting and drinking all night, coupled with microscopically narrow aisles, no hot water, crappy wc blocks, rude staff, dead plants and greenery, and the world's most expensive overnight tariff. Other than that it was perfect.

Skellum

Visit site
Yes, the Marina at Palmizana is a bit tight, and ACI know how to charge. Hence I always used the bay on the other side of the island. There is another bay not far to the west which I haven’t tried yet, but that didn’t have any buoys and you might be able to walk round to the restaurants and still have a quiet night. Hvar, Vis, Solta etc are all lovely but lend themselves more readily to a charter from Split if only doing one week. If doing 2 weeks you can do Spit - Dubrovnik there and back comfortably.

Sailing steve

Visit site
I agree with most of these and others' recommendations but I hated Palmizana. Horrendous place unless you like a noisy sh*thole filled with thousands of utter boat party f*ckwits shouting and drinking all night, coupled with microscopically narrow aisles, no hot water, crappy wc blocks, rude staff, dead plants and greenery, and the world's most expensive overnight tariff. Other than that it was perfect.

You've obviously had a different experience to us and I agree yours sounds awful.

Yes it's expensive and the showers aren't the best but we've been fortunate in three or four nights over a few years not to experience the party people there although we have elsewhere. It's still a stunning location and one of my favourite destinations in the Split region but the marina doesn't suit then there's anchorages - some still without buoys - in bays nearby.