Not everyones cup of tea but fitted a small smart TV

Tammany

Visit site
I know that some would rather do without one but fitted a small smart TV yesterday and have to say I'm impressed. Won't really be watching much tv but do enjoy watching the odd movie on a laptop or tablet so thought I'd make it a permanent install. Other half & guests will probably make use of the tv function but it does work well. It runs movies off the usb stick and has normal digital & satelite tv input if you have that. I used a cheap usb powered aerial which I hung from the boom and it picked up 100 dtv channels plus 18 radio channels. The smart part is android based so has normal android capabilities but it's not that powerful so is limited. Wifi built in and connected to my phones hotspot not problem. The best thing about this LED TV it only consumes 26w when on which is incredible compared to older models.

£120 all in wasn't bad and worth the punt. Should make movies slightly more enjoyable.

CELLO 22” inch 12 volt LED TV FREEVIEW HD 1080P 2 HDMI 2 USB 12v CARAVAN TV | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Tammany

Visit site
Used aerial similar to this. Didn't work very well inside boat but did at home in workshop. Suspended at the boom though it picked up over 100 channels so will just hang it up when needed.

s-l500.jpg

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I also connected my TV to my navigation computer so can display chart plotter info on the same screen.

I did the same with my onboard laptop. I use it for navigation planning (Garmin plotter at the helm), email, internet etc Oh, and the odd bit of TV, though that's usually downloaded box sets or movies.

stu9000

Visit site
I have a mini projector which throws an image to roll up screen. Android with Netflix etc which accesses the web via the phone on hotspot.
We use the boat to get away from devices but its quite nice to settle the kids with a family movie.
TOUMEI C800S Mini DLP Projector,Android 7.1 Video: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

These projectors have come a long way and are light and portable.
On a sunny day the image does suffer a bit, but I dont really use it on a bright sunny day anyway.
Having a pop up cinema in your boat is pretty cool, but of course the kids just take it as a matter of course. I try to tell them about my childhood experiences of a 19 footer and a bucket and chuckit but they just give me the look.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Yes plug the iPad in via an hdmi lead and great for reading maps etc. We have a samsUng and only issue is poor speakers but use the boat ones and no issue

I've got a soundbar connected to the TV via an optical cable, great sound. The soundbar also has a Bluetooth input, so i can stream radio to it from the Radioplayer App' on my phone. Every radio station in the country and it only uses about 1a, with the phone on charge.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk