North Atlantic hurricane season begins today.

Bajansailor

Visit site
So how much do these rich tax havens like Bahamas contribute to the Navy budget? (Or indeed does Jersey for its gunboat cover?)

I think it would be rather optimistic to describe the Bahamas as a 'rich tax haven'.
They are light years removed (ie more poorer) than offshore banking places like Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.

The West Indies guard ships have proven themselves many times in the past when providing hurricane disaster relief - I remember one year, it was a very active season, and we ran out of letters for the names of hurricanes, and they had to go on to the Greek alphabet.
I think that this was the year of Ivan, which clobbered Grenada, and then a few days later pretty much flattened the Caymans.
Hurricane Ivan - Wikipedia
The RN was second on the scene in Grenada after Ivan had wrought his fury (after Bajan fishing boats who quickly established an effective sea lift of basic supplies going in). However they couldn't stay long, as they then had to go and chase Ivan at top speed so that they were on hand to help the Caymans after they got battered.

Bajansailor

Visit site

Frogmogman

Visit site
I daresay, whilst they are waiting for a hurricane, there's plenty of things they can do to help the poor folks of Saint Vincent in the aftermath of the volcanic eruption.

Daydream believer

Visit site
If it is a royal naval ship ( what is RFA- Royal fleet auxiliary ?) Does the funding for this come from our overseas aid budget? If so then one is less inclined to object to the budget spend.
However, if it comes from the RN's defence budget that would be unjust. Just a thought