Normandy Coast

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Mind you, I bought an Imray Channel Islands Pilot a few years back. If I recall correctly it was a new edition.

I was really shocked at the number of updates required, and the seriousness of some of them - including incorrect compass bearings for clearance lines; completely wrong times on tidal flow diagrams; etc, etc. It could not have been properly proof-read before publication

This was before the updates all went online. A replacement page (or pages) was included in the update pack, with revised tidal flow diagrams for one area. Unfortunately, they'd printed (photocopied?) this on pages of a different size to the book, and on cheap thin paper through which the erroneous original diagrams showed through and partially obscured the corrected replacements if you pasted in the replacement pages (after trimming them to try to make them fit) over the originals.

Bandit

Visit site
As an alternative, there is the bay of St Malo from Cherbourg to Brest with the Channel Islands in the middle.

Carteret has a new Marina and is a lovely spot I spent a week there in September Customs entry was reasonably straight forward, they come to you from Cherbourg by car to the Ferry Terminal customs office in Carteret. Dielette is ok but a hike to the nearest town Les Pieux. Dielette has a modules frites restaurant supposedly the best in Normandy. Granville is nice, St Malo but a faff to go in the lock. St Cast is lovely and St Quay Portrieux is worth a visit as is Binic and Dahouet , Also Paimpol near by.

if you do this with a Mobo call at Guernsey on the waySouth and North for some tax free diesel direct from the Tanker-at St Sampsons.
Note Jersey visitors Marina not due to be finished before mid June.

colhel

Visit site
Because I cruise at around 13 knots, when I plan a trip like this I take the tides into account to help me along. If you cruise much faster, the tides won't help as much, but avoiding wind against tide will make the trip far more comfortable. For instance, if I was at the Needles it was an Easterly wind I'd wait for the tide to go West and head for Alderney, if the other way round, Cherbourg or St Vaast. In a faster with an Easterly wind and a West going tide, heading East will have less impact on passage time.

JJS54

Visit site
If you're going further west towards St Malo, the Channel Islands & beyond, there's a new edition (2021) of the North Brittany & Channel Islands Cruising Companion (edited by Jane Cumberlidge, following husband Peter's death). Published by Fernhurst Books. A wealth of info in there - we're planning a trip ourselves.