"Nom-de-Mariner"

G

\"Nom-de-Mariner\"

How do you change the mishmash pseudonym into one that can be read? Seems that you can not have more than one user name either [what a kill joy]. What a lot of fuss just to keep email addresses private. This was an alternative if you wanted it with the old system. Looks like I will have to create an account from another different email address.

G

Re: \"Nom-de-Mariner\"

Have you got something to hide? Why a nom-de-plume? Were you one of those that caused all the trouble?

G

Is Bob your real name or are you hiding something yourself. Bob off! How dare you cast aspersions upon my escutcheon! I am an honorable mariner of no ill repute. Check all the possible threads you can find. Without being malicious, I am having enough trouble trying to get this thing to work at all with any user name. I have already been told that my preferred user name is unavailable but unactivated, whatever that means and this is the best I can manage so far. With a lot of perseverence, your encouragement, assistance and the aid of a tot or two I may be able to sort things out. Thanks for your constructive reply. I never had this problem with messages in a bottle and if I empty the bottle first may go back to using this. At least the silly replies are far and few between.

G

Sorry if I offended you un-intentionally. It's just that several stupid users with noms-de-plume were responsible for the trouble this forum had. Yes - I do use my real name, I've nothing to hide.

If we ever meet up I owe you a rum I suspect. I won't know your name but you would know mine.

G

Thanks Bob you are a real gent. But if I could get the hang of this contraption... Have the rum for me, I generally sail in far off waters but generally enjoy a good yarn, a tall story, and taking the michael especially if it gets a rise [i.e. scuttlebutt].