noforeignland v followingsea

Paul_S123

Visit site
As a site for relatives and friends to follow your progress (via inReach from Garmin) Just wonder what you consider to be the best of these 2, or is there a better one.

Thanks

Skylark

Visit site
As a site for relatives and friends to follow your progress (via inReach from Garmin) Just wonder what you consider to be the best of these 2, or is there a better one.

Thanks

I follow a couple of liveaboard boats on the noforeignland site. It's quite straightforward to use and has some interesting features. It is a site dedicated to cruisers. Contributors can offer services, comment upon local amenities, post videos and pictures and chat.

I'm not sure that I understand your reference to tracking with Garmin inReach. Noforeignland tracks vessel AIS signal, land based only (I think).

An easy way to simply track the progress of a boat at sea is to follow their AIS signal on a site such as Marine Traffic. This is free to use the inshore signal but requires a modest, short term subscription to track offshore /ocean using satellite technology.

Paul_S123

Visit site
Just to update the thread

My boat (has no AIS transmitter) is now being followed on Noforeignland...via my Garmin inReach Mini. It tracks the boat via the Iridium satellite network and will display our location in real time on our upcoming trip (this Thursday) from Guernsey to Sotogrande Spain (assisted by Capt Sensible).

This is our No Foreign Land page: Grey Pearl on NOFOREIGNLAND.COM

We will also be updating our own site with a live tracking using an embedded Trackamap tracking map (again powered by the Garmin Mini.

Paul & Theresa's Adventures

Last edited: