Nobbled!

boatmike

Visit site
I have been persuaded by the good Mr Talbot to sample the delights of meeting in person all the lovely forumites that I have had the pleasure of slagging off in this virtual world. Talbot and SWMBO will therefore not be taking Hi Jude but instead they will come with moi on Peregrine.
Plan is to go over to Cherbourg Wednesday in daylight, raid the Hypermarket and Cave on Thursday and pootle around to St Vaast on Friday arriving about 1405 when the gates open. Anyone else going to be there then? I suspect we will be the first. Anyone not wishing to park next to Victor Meldrew avoid a Prout Snowgoose cat with a gert big stainless steel goalpost on the back. All others will find liquid refreshments being served at suitable intervals throughout the afternoon. Those sailing half a boat or "wi' a caledonian accent" will be made welcome on board if an attitude of respect for the aged is demonstrated.
Look forward to meeting you all (I think......)

bedouin

Visit site
I think a few of us are planning to arrive in St Vaast in the early hours of Friday morning - but of course final plans will depend on the weather forecast

boatmike

Visit site
Look forward to seeing you there then! Have we decided on a VHF channel for forumites? With a boat that manouvers like a Tesco shopping trolley under engine a call to those already in to see where there is room might be handy.....

Visit site
High time and crew should be in there from Thursday lunch time till sat morn. if a channel is decided on we will monitor and reply with any info required.
Pat

boatmike

Visit site
That's great. Suggest channel 8. It sounds as if several boats are timing to arrive on or about 1405 Friday. Being a cat, I can't do those pissy little finger pontoons they have there very well. Can somebody remind me if the far end pontoons are still alongside rather than finger pontoons and if they are still visitors or has it now changed?

tome

www.google.co.uk
We've previously used ch 69

The correct procedure is

"Moonbeam, Moonbeam this is Tantalising of Hamble"

"Tantalsing of Hamble go channel 69"

"Going down"

boatmike

Visit site
Why am I not surprised?????
Soixante- neuf it is then, but just for the record, I don't "go down" on monohulls....
Will transmit on 69 on approach to St Vaast.