No movements allowed at Albufeira

nortada

Visit site
So you can't go sailing for a day alone. Or fishing for a day alone. And you'll stay ashore, go shopping for food, come into contact with others and pickup the virus.
I say again, the worlds gone mad.

Over 65s are limited to shopping in the first 2 hours that the shop is open so no more layins for the oldies☹️

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Over 65s are limited to shopping in the first 2 hours that the shop is open so no more layins for the oldies☹

Not the case around here, we've been out shopping this morning, Lidl and Continente, just normal spaced out queue for everyone, one out, one in. A couple of supermarkets are reserving the first 2 hours for us wrinklies but I prefer to stay in my pit until a reasonable hour. Those who intended using the lock down for decorating are disappointed, DIY stores closed - thankfully :)

GHA

Visit site
Yes nurse are free. Enter by the rear doors - well away from the driver.

No cases reported west of Portimao so with any luck Lagos will stay clean.??
Wonder how long before it follows Spain. Late start but still an exponential curve, fingers crossed the early stay at home will keep the curve lower. I might not see the boat for a while.....

GHA

Visit site
Anyone know if non Portuguese people can still fly in to Faro with the european restrictions?
Irish passport which might get round that, but getting back down to Bruce's seems to be less likely as time goes on, suspect they might not be so welcoming at the airport. Anyone know anything?

Edit flight radar still showing quite a few coming in, might be hope for a little while yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: rib

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Faro arrivals board is still showing flights from the UK. We have a flight out of Lisbon (I hope) tomorrow with Ryanair, the arrivals board still showing flights from London but not it appears from regional airports. Ryanair asked us to change flights from later date as they said route would most likely close tomorrow midnight. Easy train trip from Lisbon or Porto to Faro if you can't find Faro flight. Don't try to come via Spain.