No mention of dredging!

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
but………… the Environment Agency (the harbour owner) has a current bid into Central Government which, if successful, will desilt the basin and look to repair the outer sea gates. The Environment Agency is also looking at a 5 year maintenance plan.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
I can add little to #5 save that he is not much liked. Apparently he has bought all the land containing the industrial estate right down to the foreshore up river around the yacht club. An opportunity missed due to recalcitrance by the members - I am told.

TOKOLOSHI

Visit site
I can add little to #5 save that he is not much liked. Apparently he has bought all the land containing the industrial estate right down to the foreshore up river around the yacht club. An opportunity missed due to recalcitrance by the members - I am told.
Approximately 10.6ha of land including Pine End Works and land to the rear is allocated for an employment led mixed use development. The main uses will generate employment and can include a wide range of activities, in order to form a leisure and tourism focus. The site has the potential to provide both conventional employment space as well as a harbour frontage which maximises its potential as a leisure and tourist destination. These other uses could include retail, food and drink uses, education and tourist accommodation. In addition an element of residential use is provided for and is expected to be integrated into the whole.

The Last sentence would be the main one for any developer not forgetting that any housing will have 40% for affordable housing!

PCUK

Visit site

Is this purchase at Watchet? Was he also intending to buy the harbour, presumably from the council including the marina and continue leasing it to the current operators, or taking over the lease of the marina as he presumably couldn't buy it without the rest of the harbour?
Thanks.
PC

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
That risks the end of Lydney YC I fear. Club house on Fisheries land and defective lock gates with Environment Agency unwilling to fund repairs.

Pity as I have very soft spot for them as learned proper yachting there so try and visit once a year. Here's hoping however

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
I hope I am wrong, but various LYC members expressed concern about security of clubhouse leae and doubted whether any buyer would actually repair locks. I hope my fears are unfounded, but I dont sail ignoring risk that and dont plan futures likewise