No longer so quiet

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Since 26 May when we Sicily we seen very little boats even local ones through Sardinia and Corsica, arriving is south of France it's all changed , the anchorage in Villifrance had its fair share boats mostly locals out for the day , jet skis but quite a few from over Europe , I guess France is but to normally .

Yngmar

Visit site
Plenty of yachts cruising around here in SE Sicily. Several boats from Licata are now here in Siracusa and it looks pretty busy on the AIS with yachts heading towards Greece in hopes of them opening for boats on July 1st. Our friends who wintered in Greece send pictures of empty bays, but I think that's about to change drastically (unless they decide to not open at the last minute).

And of course it's Italian summer holiday season (and weekend to boot), so lots of small local boats, waterskiers, kitesurfers, windsurfers and such all around. Not a lot of UK boats around compared to previous years, but perhaps they've all reflagged like us! :unsure:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Plenty of yachts cruising around here in SE Sicily. Several boats from Licata are now here in Siracusa and it looks pretty busy on the AIS with yachts heading towards Greece in hopes of them opening for boats on July 1st. Our friends who wintered in Greece send pictures of empty bays, but I think that's about to change drastically (unless they decide to not open at the last minute).

And of course it's Italian summer holiday season (and weekend to boot), so lots of small local boats, waterskiers, kitesurfers, windsurfers and such all around. Not a lot of UK boats around compared to previous years, but perhaps they've all reflagged like us! :unsure:
WHAT you left the marina haha , funny you mentioned reflagged boats , here there lot of French boats with polish flags , this also could do with us leaving the EU or is it the case where's registration have run out and now can't be renewed .