Newbie & new owners of Lizzie May - Pilot Cutter

Dusty_M

Visit site
Hello all. I've recently joined the forum's but as yet not posted anything due to spending the summer seemingly constantly sanding and/or painting, however have been gleaning lots of advice and information from the forums. We're Dusty & Sally - the new owners of pilot cutter Lizzie May, and once back out on the water next month, looking forward to meeting fellow wooden boat owners in and around the Falmoouth area. We'll be berthed at Freeman's Wharf, so drop by and say hello if you see us around :)

Dusty_M

Visit site
Congratulations, this fine lady I assume:
Luke Powell Gaff Cutter wooden sailing yacht for sale

If you ever need crew then I imagine there are plenty on here who would love to have a go on something like that.
Hi Ridgy, yes that's her, and shes beautiful. We've taken her back to something close to her original colours too - a fresh start:giggle: As for crewing, we do not appear to be short of willing volunteers either!

Attachments

• Lizzie1.jpg
    Lizzie1.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Lizzie2.jpg
    Lizzie2.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Lizzie3.jpg
    Lizzie3.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Lizzie4.jpg
    Lizzie4.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 40

ASW1

Visit site
I've only just joined the Forum myself (in process of moving to Solent area and researching daysailets to go creek crawling) and seeing Lizzie May compels me to making my first post...

Wow, what a beauty, and it looks like you're treating her to the best. I hope to have many years of enjoyment with her.

She reminds me of few passages a decade back on Morwenna, a 2009 replica. She was an absolute joy.

D

Deleted member 36384

I sailed on her up in Scotland once, a small delivery job. Glad she has new owners now as she was becoming neglected and wooden boats don’t like that. She was remarkably manoeuvrable in marinas, turned well, long rudder, good prop wash over it.