new Year's Eve

romany123

Visit site
new Year\'s Eve

for the last nine years or so, every new Year's Eve, we spend sleeping on board our boat and for the last nine years have been frequenting the Marina Restaurant.
every year it gets more and more expensive and the entertainment worse and worse, so this year, we have decided to entertain ourselves on board. Each of the three boats involved would provide a first course, main course and a desert. We shall move from boat to boat and no doubt with bigger and bigger smiles on our faces.
is anybody else doing anything similar?
happy New Year
Dave

G

Re: new Year\'s Eve

Nope! No boat yet.

It sounds like the sort of daft thing I would do, so, I'll make a mental note (yeh, a pun) of you as I am new here and you seem like a kindered spirit.

Happy New Year to you, too.

romany123

Visit site

thanks trev
I used to post on this forum a couple of years ago but forgot my password, so I am now a new member also, Although I have been sailing from a number of years . All the best I hope you acquire a boat soon .
Dave

robp

Visit site

We can't go to the yot club do, cos of the kids. Can we join you? Will a Tesco's desert and a flask of decaf be ok?

Seriously, sounds like a great idea. Although be careful on boarding the second or third boat. I can see that becoming a bit of a liability on a frosty night!

Have a great time n Happy New Year.

BrianJ

Visit site

The boys a couple of posts down have mentioned RUM...count me in, pity its a bit far to come though. Tell you what. We will enjoy New Year 10 hours before you all over there so I will start the ball rolling and have a "few rums " for you. That also means I will get over my hangover before you .
Enjoy and Happy New Year
BrianJ

G

Re: RUM!!

Well, we liveaboards here at Burnt Store Marina & Country Club in lovely SW FL are going to get together and have us a little party and see if we can't keep the residents of the condo's surrounding the marina awake til at least past midnite!! Unless they keep us awake longer.

Rum sounds good, but we've got some good Glenlivet standing by along with some Cinzano Asti Spumante for midnite..I guess we'll watch the ball drop in Times Square then pop the cork!!

Here's to you all over there: Here's wishing you ALL a Happy and Safe New Years!! May Prosperity and Happiness be your destiny!!

romany123

Visit site

OK guys
try this
Best Ever Rum Cake

1 or 2 qts rum
1 tsp. sugar
2 c. dried fruit
1 tsp. soda
Brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 lrg. eggs
Baking powder
Lemon juice
Nuts

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good isn't it! Now go ahead, select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into glass and drink as fast as you can. Repeat. With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add a seaspoon of tugar and beat again. Try snother cup. Open second bottle if necessary.

Add two orge laggs, 2 cups fried druit, and beat until high. If the druit gets stuck in the beater, just pry it loose with a srewumdriver. Sample the rum agin, checking for toncestcity. Next sift 3 cups baking powder, a pinch or rum, a steaspoon of toda, and a cup of salt or pepper (it really doesn't matter). Shample the bum agian. Sift 9/2 pints of lemin juice.

Fold in schlopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar, or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease the oven and turn turn cake pan to 300 gredees. Schmeells goo. (ead you hartout Aunt B!)

Dave