New Skills learned.

graham

Visit site
I have done a few of the Scuttlebut Cherbourg Weekends and allways learn a few new skills .Sometimes its easier/quicker methods of navigating ,getting the most out of the sails etc etc.

This year I learned how to stick fingers in a Peat Monster.Dont know how I ever managed without knowing this lesser known black art of the cruising yachtsman.Thanks to Bob E for making me an enlightened one... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

fireball

Visit site
Are you going to enlighten the great unwashed? Or do we need to use our imagination for a bit longer? Fingers .. peat monster ... the mind boggles! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
How many fingers did you stick in yours? I only dared to try one and it scared the bejassus out of me. I agree the big lesson of the weekend was that Peat Monsters are to be approached with caution and treated with respect (as are their keepers). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

graham

Visit site
i think I managed two with much encouragement from the Grand M,aster /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fireball

Visit site
Hmm ... sticking fingers in a Peat Monster is certainly not on the top of my list of "must do"s ... infact I doubt I'll ever try it - it sounds absolutely revolting ... although I could see why some might take to it.

BobE

Visit site
Glad you all enjoyed it...
I certainly did ...
Down to "B & B's " now till the Monster's price falls again....
We were woken at 0315 by Andy's alarum set an hour early!!!
So left at 0400!! after changing gas bottle.
Motored at start then full sail then up with Asymetric chute then down with chute as a constant 7 + off the waves was gettin a little worrying..
Saw over 8 on the log at one point..
Of course we were into Christchurch bay too early and anchored at about 1600 after trying to fish for some shiners without success. Sat off Hengistbury in the lumpy seas with 20 m of chain out until we went thro the run at 1830 ( 30 mins or so B4 Hw) no problems there, minimum was 3' 9" and I only draw 3'6"...
Great weekend thanks to all of you kind friendly people..
And No Nick I'm not changing my forum handle !!!!

Cheers Bob E...