New boat!

Dino

Visit site
Check out Sail Life on YouTube. He is a serious perfectionist and did a really nice job painting his sailboat and buffing it afterwards. He used some professional grade International stuff. He had one group of videos on hull painting and others on painting the superstructure
Hull painting
Deck

Mr Googler

Visit site
Check out Sail Life on YouTube. He is a serious perfectionist and did a really nice job painting his sailboat and buffing it afterwards. He used some professional grade International stuff. He had one group of videos on hull painting and others on painting the superstructure

Thanks for that! I’ll have a look.

been watching the Canadian chap with a ponytail....boat works today. I’ve gone for SML coatings 2 pack epoxy high build primer in top coat colour and 2 pack polyurethane top. Formulated for roller application. They reckon a finish as good as spraying is achievable. I’ve got the time and in no rush. Can always wrap if it goes wrong and drive slower ?

Portofino

Visit site
Seen wraps peel off in the SoF on 30 knot+ boats .Starts at the bow , no surprise there .So it’s a none starter with this missile.

Also seen uber high quality roll+ tip looks factory finish .

BruceK

Visit site
She's a bruiser, you are going to love her. Remember your pirate oath, no excuse not to deliver booty and beverage to our local shores now. Indeed you'll get to some of our anchorages first and beat Roy to the lot.

What you may not of known is she belonged to the helmsman of the Conwy RNLI and Moelfre lifeboat. So I dare say when you see her name Fearless Courage you may understand more about that boat. It goes out in anything and everything. So we accept no excuse. See you soon ?

Mr Googler

Visit site
Your updates on it going on the low loader nearly gave me chest pains.....mind you....it made the lorry look small?

8C0C2270-9581-43C1-831C-18B3F1CFF70C.jpeg

BruceK

Visit site
Mate, if you had been there you would have died several times. I nearly stopped the whole procedure and was preparing to tow the boat back to the marina. First off the trailer combo looked way to big to go on the truck with the forklift tractor. Secondly the trailer is wider than the truck so the wheels overhang an inch each side. Thirdly the tow ball snapped of the tractor half way up and the boat was only arrested by the emergency chain half a meter later. Unfortunately it was now on the ramps skew with no way up and no way down.
There is sat for near an hour while the lorry crew waved arms at each other and shouted what a shit day they where having.

If the boat could have come down at this point I'd have ordered so and told them to F off.

Eventually they winched it on with tie straps and steered the boat with wheel chocks. A slow and dangerous process but what do you now do.

Once it was up and secure I left as quickly as possible so no blame could be apportioned me.

They were not a bad delivery lot. They just had had a shitty day and this just crowned it off. But they resolved their difficulties and saved the day so kudos. I still didn't like the trailer wheels overhanging the sides though. Not good. But it wasn't coming down. Not until the towbar had been welded back onto the forklift.

95sfOWx.jpg

BruceK

Visit site
Your updates on it going on the low loader nearly gave me chest pains.

My updates gave me much amusement. Too bad my phone ran out of battery. I had to hide in the car occasionally I was laughing so much. You're such an old woman you'd make a marvellous project manager to wedding venues. You'd make a mint. But it was funny though. Clowns could not have put up a better show. I could tell my presence was not particularly welcome after a while. But that lorry driver had two helpers that had neither eyes nor sense.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Well.....it’s at the ferry terminal and he’s made a new heavy duty tow ball ???

Hes been really good actually. At least he didn’t take one look and clear off! See....not that big?9F471631-433A-4F24-A306-293C084A7EC7.jpeg

vas

Visit site
did you get the forklift/tractor contraption in the price? not bad :p
lovely green buckets/prop protectors. H&S happy?
Is it a long drive to the ferry?
V

BruceK

Visit site
At least he didn’t take one look and clear off!

I had to endure 50 texts a day for 4 weeks, hunt down a missing trailor, act as postman, and sit for 4 hours in 2 degree C while they played Tonka Trucks.
Clear off?! You cheeky git. I hope the maccies I left festering in the baitwell are nice and ripe by the time you get it.

Mr Googler

Visit site
did you get the forklift/tractor contraption in the price? not bad :p
lovely green buckets/prop protectors. H&S happy?
Is it a long drive to the ferry?
V
It was! They are loading directly on the ferry with it as dockers wouldn’t do it as it has no breaking system. Had to source a chocking system from the US that the ferry company was happy with.

bit of a saga that one!

not too far....maybe 100 miles to ferry port

Last edited:

Mr Googler

Visit site
good, er I mean bad! plenty of things to go wrong still then :rolleyes:

let us know when it on your hands then!

Nope....all sorted....on the ferry as I type! Phew.

these are the chocks.....very clever!

they chained it down anyway but had to have some king of breaking system. The ferry firm have been very helpful. Can’t have it moving about like a battering ram!

DEC8E21E-F844-4F75-AFA4-02860FF7C362.jpg64256749-6357-46FF-8AF8-84BE8FAF59F2.jpg

vas

Visit site
so it's a 10euro car jack with fancy curved feet on both sides...
I guess you paid 100quid for a pair ?
so how are you going to pull it out of the ferry then?