New Boat Owner - Cardiff Bay

single

Visit site
I'm more amazed they don't simply go bust. I avoid anywhere below a 4. Harvester Cardiff bay got a 1 but were sneaky and hid the sticker behind a christmas advert sign.
This thread has gone from 'Where to keep my boat' to 'Where not to eat' ;)
Anyway, i thought zero means they are shut down until they sort it out.

Last edited:

Birdseye

Visit site
FWIW the official line is " Businesses given ratings of ‘0’ or ‘1’ must make urgent or major improvements to hygiene standards. The local authority food safety officer will use a number of enforcement tools as well as giving advice and guidance to make sure these improvements are made.

The food safety officer will also tell the business how quickly these improvements must be made and this will depend on the type of issue that needs to be addressed.

The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme means that people can choose instead to eat out or buy food at places with higher ratings and businesses with low ratings are in danger of losing customers and so will be encouraged to improve standards more quickly and to maintain these in the future.

If the officer finds that a business’s hygiene standards are very poor and there is an imminent risk to health – this means food is not safe to eat – the officer must take action to make sure that consumers are protected. This could mean prohibiting part of an operation or closing the business down.
"

Saf

Visit site
Hello
Still trying to familiarise with the form - could anyone direct me to any recent discussions on this topic please? Im
Looking for. Small boat and also mooring/club membership and I’m wondering what are the best / cost effective options these days.
Many thanks
Sam

38mess

Visit site
Nothing much has changed since the op.
Cardiff yacht club would be the cheapest option on a trot mooring. Why not give them a call? I moored up on their visitor moorings a few years ago for a week, they gave me a key to the showers, nice and hot, and all free as long as I used the bar on a Wednesday night if I recall. Friendly bunch

Reactions: Saf