New boat ordered - Saxdor 320

Bouba

Visit site
Of course we are all good at spending other people’s money but.....there are plenty of boats where a single looks just right. But on a rocket ship ?‍♂️

Flyingspanner

Visit site
Will be visiting the dealer next week so hopefully will have some numbers on how the boat runs with the various engine options, the boat he has in at the moment has twin 300‘s and is like a rocket ship !! - can’t see me going for these, will also see what other people have ordered for 2021/2022 ??

Flyingspanner

Visit site
Spent a couple of hours at the dealer today, and it’s definitely going to be twins, it just looks right as it’s quite a beamy boat, so the next question is twin V6 225 or go the full hog twin V8 300 ?

AL2021

Visit site
Spent a couple of hours at the dealer today, and it’s definitely going to be twins, it just looks right as it’s quite a beamy boat, so the next question is twin V6 225 or go the full hog twin V8 300 ?

Hi,
Have been looking at the 320 as well looks good, been thinking the twin 225 as wouldn't want to be at sea with a single but budget ....so no V8 300 :(
Am interested on how it felt on test drive any negatives etc. Thinking needs bow thruster as sure on a windy day could be interesting docking also not sure about the joystick , needed or more just being lazy?
Will be going to chat with them at half term hopefully.

swatkins

Visit site
Always go for the max HP or you will forever regret not doing so, you don't have to drive it flat out everywhere and you have a spare engine if one breaks.

Flyingspanner

Visit site
Hi,
Have been looking at the 320 as well looks good, been thinking the twin 225 as wouldn't want to be at sea with a single but budget ....so no V8 300 :(
Am interested on how it felt on test drive any negatives etc. Thinking needs bow thruster as sure on a windy day could be interesting docking also not sure about the joystick , needed or more just being lazy?
Will be going to chat with them at half term hopefully.
Hi I have gone for twin 225’s - the 300’s are an extra 115 kg to carry around and we don’t need to do 60 mph, definitely the bow thruster, but not sure if the JPO if it’s worth the extra ££, I intend to use this boat single handed some of the time, so the skyhook option with the JPO will be an advantage, but not sure how precise it is ( will it keep it in the berth while you tie up ?) - I am speaking to an owner tomorrow who has a 320 with the JPO so will see what he says ? - I think you will be looking at 2023 for a UK boat now

AL2021

Visit site
Hi I have gone for twin 225’s - the 300’s are an extra 115 kg to carry around and we don’t need to do 60 mph, definitely the bow thruster, but not sure if the JPO if it’s worth the extra ££, I intend to use this boat single handed some of the time, so the skyhook option with the JPO will be an advantage, but not sure how precise it is ( will it keep it in the berth while you tie up ?) - I am speaking to an owner tomorrow who has a 320 with the JPO so will see what he says ? - I think you will be looking at 2023 for a UK boat now

Be interested to know of any issues he has had, build quality / reliability etc . The boat looked good but that was first time seeing it in the flesh and can't find any long term living with the boat reviews. Yes was thinking 2023 as need to say save some more money as the 'must have' options !! that my wife has picked add up quickly !! Although though I was pleased when she said need a second fridge for more drinks :)

Flyingspanner

Visit site
any updates on the purchase ? when does it arrive
Hi - not taken delivery yet, it was originally planned as a week 9 delivery, but the dealer has been upfront with delays due to the global shortages around, I spoke to him at the show and he will have an update for me this week from the factory ? - Fingers crossed it’s not to far away now ??