New boat ordered - Saxdor 320

Mr Googler

Visit site
I’m sorry but this could all be lies, lies and more lies! We need some interior photos and videos at 40 knots to prove it is in fact your boat ??

Flyingspanner

Visit site
How it been the past 3 months ? Initial report would be great to read ?

I have written an article for MBY magazine which was published is in this months edition about buying the boat and my first impressions - for us so far it’s been perfect, the boat handles very well and is easy to manoeuvre around the marina and dock and turns easy just using the engines, been able to walk all the way round and get on off over the side easily is great, I have done about 15 engine hours and the Mercury’s are fantastic, quiet when you want them to be or they can growl at other times ?- the Simrad displays and integrated vessel view work seamlessly, when we are at at anchor or sitting at our earth there is seating options under the T top out of the sun or in the sun depends what you want and the sun pad at the front is very comfy to sunbath, the summer seat and helm covers are easy to fit and remove - we tend to run with the windscreen top cover in place but what needs redesigning is you can’t fit the helm cover and leave the top screen cover in place (only 1 zip on the windscreen top) - I am going to get my local boat trimmers to look at this during the winter when I put my camper covers on as they can have the summer covers to work on , the seat backs can be a bit fiddly to move on your own it’s much easier with 2 people. Still have a few snag items from delivery that need fixing but are waiting for spares from Saxdor and Mercury (engine decal damaged and a bent seat fitting ). The other snag I have is slow fuelling, you have to be very light on the fuel nozzle trigger otherwise fuel can spurt back out the filler, it works fine when using a gravity fuel can ?, the dealer said they need to take the boat out the water after they get back from Southampton as they need to get access to the tank and fittings and pipes to investigate further, hopefully they will be able to fit the new engine decal and the seat pin fitting. One other item that is a bit annoying is the speed of boiling a kettle on the diesel stove it’s slow, but I am using a cheap kettle, maybe a thicker based one will help ?? . For day boating if a great package ?

julians

Visit site
The other snag I have is slow fuelling, you have to be very light on the fuel nozzle trigger otherwise fuel can spurt back out the filler

This seems to be a relatively common problem on axopars too (although mine doesnt suffer from it) - usually its a fuel breather pipe that is kinked or otherwise blocked, hence not allowing air to escape from the tank as fuel goes in. In axopars it seems that sometimes the breather hose is too long, so gets bent , and if you overfill slightly with fuel , it can pool in the breather pipe creating an airlock which wont allow the breather to work.

Last edited:

Elessar

Visit site
I have written an article for MBY magazine which was published is in this months edition about buying the boat and my first impressions - for us so far it’s been perfect, the boat handles very well and is easy to manoeuvre around the marina and dock and turns easy just using the engines, been able to walk all the way round and get on off over the side easily is great, I have done about 15 engine hours and the Mercury’s are fantastic, quiet when you want them to be or they can growl at other times ?- the Simrad displays and integrated vessel view work seamlessly, when we are at at anchor or sitting at our earth there is seating options under the T top out of the sun or in the sun depends what you want and the sun pad at the front is very comfy to sunbath, the summer seat and helm covers are easy to fit and remove - we tend to run with the windscreen top cover in place but what needs redesigning is you can’t fit the helm cover and leave the top screen cover in place (only 1 zip on the windscreen top) - I am going to get my local boat trimmers to look at this during the winter when I put my camper covers on as they can have the summer covers to work on , the seat backs can be a bit fiddly to move on your own it’s much easier with 2 people. Still have a few snag items from delivery that need fixing but are waiting for spares from Saxdor and Mercury (engine decal damaged and a bent seat fitting ). The other snag I have is slow fuelling, you have to be very light on the fuel nozzle trigger otherwise fuel can spurt back out the filler, it works fine when using a gravity fuel can ?, the dealer said they need to take the boat out the water after they get back from Southampton as they need to get access to the tank and fittings and pipes to investigate further, hopefully they will be able to fit the new engine decal and the seat pin fitting. One other item that is a bit annoying is the speed of boiling a kettle on the diesel stove it’s slow, but I am using a cheap kettle, maybe a thicker based one will help ?? . For day boating if a great package ?
Diesel hobs are slow to heat up. If you pre heat it the kettle will boil fast enough. When I had one I fitted an inverter and got an electric kettle. A low wattage one means you don’t need too big an inverter. I don’t think a different kettle bottom will make any difference.

Other threads that may be of interest