Need help Brighton to crew my boat for day sail

Eli

Visit site
Hi people I’ve recently bought a boat a Jaguar 25 and tbh need help in learning how to sail I’ve done a basic course in sailing but not confident at all I’ve taken her out 5 times so far and had both sails up and managed to go from Brighton to near Newhaven and back but could do with help from a professional who would be willing to spend some time with me and my son I would be willing to compensate you for your time and cover your expenses if anyone could pls help us many thanks Eli

Attachments

• B423BDA7-2382-4C4E-B927-C70C3D588140.jpeg
    B423BDA7-2382-4C4E-B927-C70C3D588140.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 45

Gixer

Visit site
Hey,
I guess you're in Brighton Marina?
If I were you I'd join up with Brighton Marina Yacht Club. Get involved with crewing on the Sunday morning racing and make some friends down there. You'll learn loads in a short space of time, get familiar with the local waters and I'm sure you'll get skilled skippers out with you for a beer or two.

Maybe see you out there (y)

syscode

Visit site
Hi people I’ve recently bought a boat a Jaguar 25 and tbh need help in learning how to sail I’ve done a basic course in sailing but not confident at all I’ve taken her out 5 times so far and had both sails up and managed to go from Brighton to near Newhaven and back but could do with help from a professional who would be willing to spend some time with me and my son I would be willing to compensate you for your time and cover your expenses if anyone could pls help us many thanks Eli

Hi.
I am not exactly what's been stated - ie someone with a pro tag. However, since brighton area is my pond as well, perhaps we could help each other getting experience while trying to avoid major accidents? ;)
Cheers!

Jd123

Visit site
Hi.

I'm moving to Brighton in the next few weeks.

Before lockdown I spent 5 years living on a 54ft sailing boat. I have sailed the South coast, channel Islands, the med and Carribbean, including Atlantic crossings. I have commercial endorsement qualifications in sea survival, fire fighting, radio licence, first aid etc. I know my colregs etc......more importantly, I can cook at 45 degrees without getting seasick.

I am not a professional instructor but am happy to go sailing and share what knowledge I have.

syscode

Visit site
Hi.

Before lockdown I spent 5 years living on a 54ft sailing boat. I have sailed the South coast, channel Islands, the med and Carribbean, including Atlantic crossings. I have commercial endorsement qualifications in sea survival, fire fighting, radio licence, first aid etc. I know my colregs etc......more importantly, I can cook at 45 degrees without getting seasick.

I am not a professional instructor but am happy to go sailing and share what knowledge I have.

Hi.
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, when you come down to brighton - give me a shout.
Apart from local sailing, I am trying to organise a quick trip across the channel. (..or the sleeve, as they call it in the continent..)

Will be great to hear.

Welcome to Brighton! ;)

ps
Tried to PM - no joy here.

syscode

Visit site
Hi.

and btw.. forgot to mention..
I have done a day skipper practical - yet to do the theory..
cheers!

Jd123

Visit site
Hi.

We are waiting for a property purchase to complete before we can move. Hopefully this will be during November.

We will be visiting Brighton regularly in November anyway. Maybe we could meet up for a drink at the marina and have a look at the boat.

Getting your dayskipper was a good move. The RYA qualifications are worth the effort.

syscode

Visit site
Hi.

We are waiting for a property purchase to complete before we can move. Hopefully this will be during November.

We will be visiting Brighton regularly in November anyway. Maybe we could meet up for a drink at the marina and have a look at the boat.

Getting your dayskipper was a good move. The RYA qualifications are worth the effort.

Hi.
Great to hear!
OK.. now, by accident, managed to figure how to PM.
If you click Like to one of my posts - i can PM you. Will like yours to check the vise-versa ;)
Cheers and looking fwd!
xx

Last edited:

cherod

Visit site
Hi.
Great to hear!
Since we are both clueless about how to contact via this site, I made an imaginary number based email account on google.
Just use minus1sq@ google's gmail - and we should sort out the contact question. ;)
Looking forward!
Cheers!
Post a whole lot of drivel and get your post count up , then you can PM

Other threads that may be of interest