Need a new profile signature...

P4Paul

Visit site
F
Very brave Paul. How is your front wheel?

Had another go at it last weekend. Looks better but think I might ask Andy59 if his son could rebuild it for me as I think I have over stressed one side.

Thanks for the contact details, I will respond and would love to visit but currently covering two posts at work and I am slowly sinking...

rafiki_

Visit site
Had another go at it last weekend. Looks better but think I might ask Andy59 if his son could rebuild it for me as I think I have over stressed one side.

Thanks for the contact details, I will respond and would love to visit but currently covering two posts at work and I am slowly sinking...
OK, no problem. Give me a shout when you have the time. We are opening the UK National Netshape and Additive Material Centre on Monday. Fantastic kit.

P4Paul

Visit site
Today I tried to ride my bike and had to give up after less than half a mile!

Unfortunately my blood pressure has gone up off the scale over the last few weeks and to combat the deteriation my doctor currently has me on a double dose of my medication; the side affects are impacting my life quite considerably and now I find myself in the position of either accepting a deteriorating situation or fighting it and make major changes to my lifestyle to regain control of my health and wellbeing.

I am not looking for sympathy but looking for a substantial challenge to focus upon and help me get back in the driving seat...

What are people's feelings about doing another charity bike ride in 2016?

Last edited:

oGaryo

Visit site
Today I tried to ride my bike and had to give up after less than half a mile!

Unfortunately my blood pressure has gone up off the scale over the last few weeks and to combat the deteriation my doctor currently has me on a double dose of my medication; the side affects are impacting my life quite considerably and now I find myself in the position of either accepting a deteriorating situation or fighting it and make major changes to my lifestyle to regain control of my health and wellbeing.

I am not looking for sympathy but looking for a substantial challenge to focus upon and help me get back in the driving seat...

What are people's feelings about doing another charity bike ride in 2016?

Firstly. ignore the question in the mobo section mate unless you want to use it to drum up interest in holding a 2016 ride? Secondly, bloody cheesed off to hear of your current position. If the forum's up for it, I don't mind organising another one with you :encouragement:

I've applied via the ballot for the Prudential 100 mile next year too, that's the one that a poor fellow my age died at the top of Leith Hill (heart attack) so going to need to put in some serious training for that one to avoid the same

Thanks again for your donation :encouragement:

z1ppy

Visit site
I'm up for something. training has fallen to nothing for me and i don't like it....

less keen on major distance and more keen on doing something with friends

oGaryo

Visit site
I'm up for something. training has fallen to nothing for me and i don't like it....

less keen on major distance and more keen on doing something with friends

That's 3 of us then :encouragement: any more?

We don't necessarily need to do this one for charity either, call it a YBW sportive for the reasons you stated H, it's simply a reason for us to get together and a bloody good excuse to get fit(ter).. unless of course folk want it to benefit a charity

P4Paul

Visit site
More than happy doing a social rather than charity event(s).

Quite fancy having three or four events over the coming 12 months to keep me focused as once I got off the bike in Ocean Village the motivation dried up.

A warm up event in the New Forest (30-40m), Round the island (67m) and a ride along the Kennet and Avon canal from London to Bristol (87m) circa 8 weeks apart are the kind of things I had in mind although I am not precious about the actual locations.

P4Paul

Visit site
Finally back on the bike, just over 10 miles this afternoon at a fairly leisurely pace. Hurt to start with but actually felt quite good from about mile 4 onwards, interesting looking at my strava stats and comparing them to a few months ago but to be fair I am heavier now due to a complete lack of exercise.

How is everyone else doing?