NECO windlass wiring

Knobbly

Visit site
Hi
I have a oretty ancient NECO windlass (NM 871) which is supposed to be bi-directional (it's got 3 wires) but seems to be wired for lifting only. The positive lead runs through two single pole circuit breakers that appear to be connected to each other at each end (ie in parallel). I was told that one CB operated uplift and the other was the reverse (there is a slider to stop both being switched on at the same time) but this seems impossible to me. The wiring also runs through a NECO relay box which has four terminals - one +ve, two (presumably +ve) to the windlass and the fourth has got earth coming into the box and back out to the windlass.

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the windlass and its controls? I've looked at other makes but the relay bozes are sealed units.

The windlass itself still has plenty of power and works perfectly (in one direction!) but I would really like to be able to do a more controlled anchor drop as well as using the windlass to lower my masts (which are in tabernacles).

Gil Marshall

Visit site
Hi
I have a oretty ancient NECO windlass (NM 871) which is supposed to be bi-directional (it's got 3 wires) but seems to be wired for lifting only. The positive lead runs through two single pole circuit breakers that appear to be connected to each other at each end (ie in parallel). I was told that one CB operated uplift and the other was the reverse (there is a slider to stop both being switched on at the same time) but this seems impossible to me. The wiring also runs through a NECO relay box which has four terminals - one +ve, two (presumably +ve) to the windlass and the fourth has got earth coming into the box and back out to the windlass.

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the windlass and its controls? I've looked at other makes but the relay bozes are sealed units.

The windlass itself still has plenty of power and works perfectly (in one direction!) but I would really like to be able to do a more controlled anchor drop as well as using the windlass to lower my masts (which are in tabernacles).
I know this is a really old post but I'm working on the same windlass and trying to work out how to get it to reverse. Did you ever manage to get it working? Also, does your motor still have the plate showing its power and current rating? I'm trying to work out the best four pole solenoid to buy.