• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Navik Windvane Repair

Yellow Ballad

Thought this would be a good place to ask, I've just bought an Albin Ballad which came with a Navik windvane which I'm quite excited to try but it needs a repair.

My first thought thoughts are to make a copy in basla with softwood rods and grp skin, or at least take a pattern in case mine breaks up and goes for a swim.

What would you guys suggest for a repair for this one? Vee the crack and repair with glass? Worth reinforcing the break? I'm sure I'll need to be careful not to add to much weight as it may affect the performance.

The other option is the Mrvee upgrade, worth it?

Yellow Ballad

Thought I would update this, biaxial cloth and epoxy on a feathered edge (pic) and then thickened epoxy to get the shape back and a lick of paint to finish off.

I'll be off down the boat to pop it on and check the rest of it's working now!