Name of Lymington Restaurant

seagoggles

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My love of sailing was inherited from my grandfather who lived and sailed in Lymington for over 25 years. I remember a restaurant which I used to love as a kid called The Buttery. When I googled it recently, I see it's now called The Black Butter Eatery. I am planning a drive to Lymington for old times sake, and I just wondered if anyone knew if the restaurant has changed hands since about 2000, or whether it's still run by the same folks but the name has changed? Maybe I've remembered the name incorrectly, but either way, can anyone here recommend it (or for those familiar with it since 2000, has if it has changed in any way)?

I understand with current COVID rules it might not be open currently, but I'm hoping it will be by the summer.

Thanks in advance!

ashtead

Visit site
I haven’t visited but google will reveal an article by Lymington Times on ownership change . Depending on when you plan to visit I would suggest trying to book as restaurants in Lym are often in shorter supply than berths or car parking space on the quay in the summer . Now you have flagged it up I seem to recall having had a lunchtime snack there a few years ago but not more recently . Do tell us how you get on though and any other restaurants you might find.

seagoggles

Visit site
Thanks Ashtead.

I appreciate the help. I must have missed the article on ownership change! And thanks for the recommendations about parking and booking. I used to walk from my grandfather's house into town, so I'll be sure to do some research on parking!

If I get there in the summer, I'll be sure to write here about what I find out.

Thanks again!