My Winter Maintenance project

colhel

Visit site
Thanks Mate. I've just found some notes, I made, 3500rpm =16.5 knots 3100rpm =13.5 knots so there's a possibility I may be under piched, but also a possibility my tacho's out of course.
I'm really interested to see what the results are mid-season.

QBhoy

Visit site
Do you need a shaft anode ? I always had the opinion that one would likely have an effect on the rotational balance on a faster rotating set up like this. Is there not a main anode on the hull that all running gear and steering gear is linked to with continuity? That’s usually the standard and proven method.
you can then make sure things like the shaft and rudder are protected by checking the continuity with a meter between the anode and each item. The wiring between each being visible inside the hull.

colhel

Visit site
Good point about a hull anode but this boat has never had one fitted. It's always been my intention to rig up a hanging anode but with access to the sterngear via the aft cabin it's really only practical when we're away from the boat. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the prop nut anode and how effective it is, there may be room for an extra small anode between the rope cutter and the prop but I didn't think it necessary.